Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: ALLDNS
Date/Time: Mon, October 23, 2000 at 9:44 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: You give readers a comical break

I appreciate your response and you give readers some comical break with all of this and that is good.

Who assigned the US Department of Commerce the duty of privatizing the DNS?  My understanding is that there was no Congressional participation and that Congress was completely side-stepped by the delegation process. 

My understanding is that the people of the US did not have any say or real representation here and this could make the whole ICANN process vulnerable and it may possibly be found to be illegally constructed.

Now, I do not mean to sound like I'm whining here, however, I do see some matters in the ICANN process that raise questions, and I feel that the questions I am asking should be asked whereas I am searching for answers and fair, neutral ground.

When you have matters that concern lack of enforcement policy, or selective enforcement policy, matters of monopoly and anti-trust, these kind of questions I am asking concern this Forum and I hope they will go toward building a better DNS.

It would not be right if ICANN withheld ALLDNS Registrar Accreditation  because of my comments in this Forum.

Derek A. Conant
General Manager of ALLDNS

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy