Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 8:56 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||PTT Control Is A Real Issue
As a German business executive with substantial experience
in telecommunications businesses I read the ".tel" information regarding the role
of the PSTN under "e164.arpa" with great interest. |
At first glance, the
idea of working within the PSTN structure seems to make a great deal of sense.
However, as NetNumber points out, this idea of "distributed control" is almost guaranteed
to slow down the deployment of IP-Communications services on a global basis.
From the perspective of the Internet community I see a real issue here that needs
to be addressed. The ".tel" proposal for allowing competition to resolve the
issue seems perfectly appropriate.
The emerging IP-Communications industry represents
an exciting opportunity to create competition for the PSTN on a global basis.
Don't hinder this new industry by complicating the control of ENUM services.
Director European Development
- .tel Application by Pulver, Peek, and Marschel Moderator, October 7 @ 10:06 PM (15/24)
- Let's go forward MSisson, November 6 @ 12:04 AM (0/0)
- Pulver does not need .tel hta, November 4 @ 11:01 PM (1/1)
- Support for Netnumber application travelocity, November 4 @ 5:08 PM (0/0)
- ITU, IETF, ICANN, ENUM, "e164.arpa" and ".tel" NetNumber, November 4 @ 3:44 PM (1/1)
- Lucent Representative Nominated To ITAB Board ITAB, November 3 @ 7:24 PM (0/0)
- After reading all three proposals R.Jackson, November 1 @ 10:56 PM (1/1)
- .tel application bboston, October 31 @ 10:13 PM (0/0)
- Power Of The ENUM Standard perignon, October 31 @ 9:07 PM (1/1)
- Support for ".tel" TLD dischang, October 26 @ 9:27 PM (0/0)
- 3Com Internet-Telephony Executive nominated to ITAB Board ITAB, October 26 @ 4:57 PM (0/0)
- Competition At Risk NetNumber, October 25 @ 5:38 PM (2/4)
- Please take the opportunity to act -- not just talk gkrucik, October 25 @ 3:02 AM (0/0)
- The competition is here if you look marshm, October 24 @ 5:54 PM (0/0)
- ENUM + ICANN-granted E.164 policy control + trademark rights Judith Oppenheimer, October 20 @ 12:44 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:39 PM (0/0)