Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Mon, October 30, 2000 at 2:32 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.76 using Windows NT
||Support for ".tel" TLD
|ICANN TLD Selection Committee,|
As an active member of the Internet community I
am asking ICANN to give serious consideration to the Peek/Pulver/Marschel ".tel"
TLD application. ICANN's action to approve this ".tel" TLD will provide effective
competition for the "e164.arpa" TLD that is being advanced by the IETF-ENUM working
group without appropriate public review.
There are many valid reasons why
the "e164.arpa" plan to delegate control of ENUM services to 240+ national PSTN regulatory
agencies may not be in the best interests of the emerging IP-Communications industry.
Choose competition. Choose ".tel" and give the market the ability to determine
which implementation represents the best interests of the Internet community.
Marketing & E-Commerce Instructor
Michigan State University
- .tel Application by Pulver, Peek, and Marschel Moderator, October 7 @ 10:06 PM (15/24)
- Let's go forward MSisson, November 6 @ 12:04 AM (0/0)
- Pulver does not need .tel hta, November 4 @ 11:01 PM (1/1)
- Support for Netnumber application travelocity, November 4 @ 5:08 PM (0/0)
- ITU, IETF, ICANN, ENUM, "e164.arpa" and ".tel" NetNumber, November 4 @ 3:44 PM (1/1)
- Lucent Representative Nominated To ITAB Board ITAB, November 3 @ 7:24 PM (0/0)
- After reading all three proposals R.Jackson, November 1 @ 10:56 PM (1/1)
- .tel application bboston, October 31 @ 10:13 PM (0/0)
- Power Of The ENUM Standard perignon, October 31 @ 9:07 PM (1/1)
- Support for ".tel" TLD dischang, October 26 @ 9:27 PM (0/0)
- 3Com Internet-Telephony Executive nominated to ITAB Board ITAB, October 26 @ 4:57 PM (0/0)
- Competition At Risk NetNumber, October 25 @ 5:38 PM (2/4)
- Please take the opportunity to act -- not just talk gkrucik, October 25 @ 3:02 AM (0/0)
- The competition is here if you look marshm, October 24 @ 5:54 PM (0/0)
- ENUM + ICANN-granted E.164 policy control + trademark rights Judith Oppenheimer, October 20 @ 12:44 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:39 PM (0/0)