Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: davidbk
Date/Time: Fri, November 3, 2000 at 8:48 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: Implementation Experience Counts

R. Jackson,

I have also read all three proposals and I agree with you that previous practical demonstrations add strength to an application.  As a participating member of the VMA (International Association for Enhanced Voice Services) I was involved with three separate voice-messaging demonstrations that utilized the NetNumber "Global Internet-Telephony Directory" described in the Pulver/Peek/Marschel ".tel" application.  Participating vendors included the following:

Lucent Technologies
    Nortel Networks
    Unisys
    Tecnomen
    Alcatel
    Glenayre
    IntervoiceBrite

These multi-vendor demonstrations were held at industry events in Athens (1998), Helsinki(1999), Montreux(1999), and at the prestigious Telecom99 (1999) in Geneva.

You made a comment that "Pulvar want[s] to start with just IP enabled fixed line phones before, some time in the future, making it available to other Internet enabled IP devices...".  

In this case, I believe you've missed the key point.  The Pulver/Peek/Marschel ".tel" implementation is based on the IETF-ENUM standard and it is clearly not limited to fixed line phones.  Having been personally involved in this standards process I see the Pulver/Peek/Marschel ".tel" application as a crucial catalyst for enabling the growth of the IP-Communications industry.  In this light, I see the Pulver/Peek/Marschel implementation of global ENUM based services to be the highest possible utilization of the ".tel" TLD string. 

Regards,

David Kerr     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy