Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 8:08 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
||Comment from South Korea
I am writing from Republic of South Korea. My background as business
executive includes leadership positions in many international communications businesses.
I have done business with several people involved in the Pulver/Peek/Marschel ".tel"
application in the past and I read the "Competition At Risk" posting with great interest.
From a US perspective, the "e164.arpa" concept of giving significant control of this
important Internet resource to PSTN regulatory bodies might make sense. The
US market and US regulatory bodies like FCC have excellent "pro-competition" reputations.
Outside of the US the situation is often quite different. In many countries
there is no competition for domestic PTT's. This new IP-Communications industry
can generate real competition all over the world if it is allowed to grow.
I think ".tel" makes valid points and I see how this can create important competition
for "e164.arpa" solution on a global basis if ICANN chooses to validate the ".tel"
I thank you in advance for giving this idea consideration.
Park, Jung woong
Republic of South Korea
- .tel Application by Pulver, Peek, and Marschel Moderator, October 7 @ 10:06 PM (15/24)
- Let's go forward MSisson, November 6 @ 12:04 AM (0/0)
- Pulver does not need .tel hta, November 4 @ 11:01 PM (1/1)
- Support for Netnumber application travelocity, November 4 @ 5:08 PM (0/0)
- ITU, IETF, ICANN, ENUM, "e164.arpa" and ".tel" NetNumber, November 4 @ 3:44 PM (1/1)
- Lucent Representative Nominated To ITAB Board ITAB, November 3 @ 7:24 PM (0/0)
- After reading all three proposals R.Jackson, November 1 @ 10:56 PM (1/1)
- .tel application bboston, October 31 @ 10:13 PM (0/0)
- Power Of The ENUM Standard perignon, October 31 @ 9:07 PM (1/1)
- Support for ".tel" TLD dischang, October 26 @ 9:27 PM (0/0)
- 3Com Internet-Telephony Executive nominated to ITAB Board ITAB, October 26 @ 4:57 PM (0/0)
- Competition At Risk NetNumber, October 25 @ 5:38 PM (2/4)
- Please take the opportunity to act -- not just talk gkrucik, October 25 @ 3:02 AM (0/0)
- The competition is here if you look marshm, October 24 @ 5:54 PM (0/0)
- ENUM + ICANN-granted E.164 policy control + trademark rights Judith Oppenheimer, October 20 @ 12:44 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:39 PM (0/0)