Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, October 15, 2000 at 11:39 PM GMT (Sun, October 15, 2000 at 7:39 PM EDT)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Let's understand the subject before making nonsensical comments
First, YouCann.org does not register names, but does have links to registries which
resolve to the ORSC rootzone.
Second, YouCann.org is an informational
site in support of the ORSC rootzone.
Third, the ORSC rootzone
has been around for many years and the TLD's mentioned are, for the most part, as
old, if not older, than .WEB.
Fourth, .WEB is in the ORSC
rootzone now, as are all the ICANN TLD's and ccTLDs.
ORSC is one of a handful of other rootzones, is stable, reliable and is maintained
by some of the internet pioneers.
Sixth. There is nothing
complex about pointing to any other root servers you choose. The ones you are
probably using are those your ISP told you to point to. Every time you set
up to use an ISP, you change your settings. Ain't no biggie.
Name.Space is quit different from the ORSC rootzone and does not recognize
anyone else. It stands alone. ORSC cooperates with others and recognizes
"first or prior use." Name.Space does not, obviously.
And finally, perhaps reading a bit about it would have made your post a bit different.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion regarding cooperating root systems (or alternate
roots if you prefer), but it is usually best to gain some knowledge before making
- .biz, etc. Application by Affinity Internet, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (13/43)
- Further Statement in Support of our Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Affinity application jehlers, October 28 @ 5:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposal analysis - Affinity's NAME LOTTERY AND HIGH FEES TLD Facts, October 26 @ 3:13 PM (1/1)
- Affinity App peniel, October 25 @ 10:58 PM (1/1)
- Reply dd5166, October 24 @ 2:44 PM (0/0)
- jandl is right. bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:07 AM (0/0)
- Support for Affinity Proposal SSattaur, October 21 @ 2:45 PM (0/0)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 5:09 PM (1/10)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:46 PM (0/0)
- .biz exists already people!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:03 AM (1/2)
- Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD? jandl, October 16 @ 8:21 PM (1/4)
- application materials page returns "forbidden" error in IE5 jandl, October 14 @ 7:33 PM (0/0)
- Our Application PhilBerent, October 14 @ 1:18 PM (2/12)