Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 1:27 AM GMT (Mon, October 16, 2000 at 9:27 PM EDT)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Understanding a SOHO
>"Anyone running a corner shop or petgrooming business could qualify for this.
$40,000 in expenditures in a year means you pay yourself and hire one low paid person.
i.e. you are a business. Documentation will be kept entirely private as stated in
application and will be very minimal."<
It is apparant that you are unaware that
many SOHO's have no employees and start up with less than $2,000 in expenses and
pay no salaries at all. That's called a sole proprietorship. It
could be a start up in a garage or a bedroom or living room with an old PC and some
software. Some may not even have a computer and simply have a friend host a
webpage for them just to have a web presence in the local area. Many secretarial
services started that way. Mine did - with a memory typewriter in the living
room. I did not start full time. I had a "job" and started evenings from
Were it not for being able to obtain a domain name, I might never have succeeded,
bought my first computer or learned HTML.
That type of business gets started every
day. Your policies would preclude it.
If ICANN is not going to recognize
the ORSC, TINC, PacificRoot, Superroot or other root systems' TLD's, at least let
them choose an applicant who will not exclude small business and micro start ups.
So far, it is not encouraging.
As for my vested interest, the .BIZ registry is
active and will remain so. It is no secret.
"The only people that will not
qualify will be speculators - and that's it. "
Also its dishonest of you not
to state your vested interest when posting this type of criticism.
Internet TLD Management Group
- .biz, etc. Application by Affinity Internet, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (13/43)
- Further Statement in Support of our Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Affinity application jehlers, October 28 @ 5:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposal analysis - Affinity's NAME LOTTERY AND HIGH FEES TLD Facts, October 26 @ 3:13 PM (1/1)
- Affinity App peniel, October 25 @ 10:58 PM (1/1)
- Reply dd5166, October 24 @ 2:44 PM (0/0)
- jandl is right. bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:07 AM (0/0)
- Support for Affinity Proposal SSattaur, October 21 @ 2:45 PM (0/0)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 5:09 PM (1/10)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:46 PM (0/0)
- .biz exists already people!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:03 AM (1/2)
- Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD? jandl, October 16 @ 8:21 PM (1/4)
- application materials page returns "forbidden" error in IE5 jandl, October 14 @ 7:33 PM (0/0)
- Our Application PhilBerent, October 14 @ 1:18 PM (2/12)