Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sat, October 21, 2000 at 11:13 PM GMT (Sat, October 21, 2000 at 7:13 PM EDT)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||.bz exists and so does .BIZ
The Belize ccTLD .bz exists.
.BIZ TLD also exists, but not in the ICANN rootzone. It is active, has been
in the ORSC rootzone since 1996 and is taking registrations. If it is causing
confusion, I have not heard about it. It is a gTLD. It will be part of an automated
registration system shortly, although manual registrations have been available to
I find the argument for .bz interesting because of the fact that it
already exists. Since both .biz and .bz exist in the name space, it will be
interesting to see if ICANN chooses to adopt this TLD and delegate to someone other
than its existing manager. It will also be intersting to see the same situation
with .WEB, since IOD has managed that TLD for four years.
I don't think we'll see
either TLD relinqhished by their existing managers and disenfranchise existing domain
name registrants. I am also interested in seeing what will happen with the
other existing TLD's such as .home, .event, news, .cool, etc... They all exist
in the ORSC rootzone, they all take registrations and they all resolve.
.bz, it is a ccTLD and free to market in any way it chooses. .BIZtld Registry
is an entity also and markets as .BIZ as well.
Let's watch and see how it
goes, shall we?
- .biz, etc. Application by Affinity Internet, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (13/43)
- Further Statement in Support of our Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Affinity application jehlers, October 28 @ 5:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposal analysis - Affinity's NAME LOTTERY AND HIGH FEES TLD Facts, October 26 @ 3:13 PM (1/1)
- Affinity App peniel, October 25 @ 10:58 PM (1/1)
- Reply dd5166, October 24 @ 2:44 PM (0/0)
- jandl is right. bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:07 AM (0/0)
- Support for Affinity Proposal SSattaur, October 21 @ 2:45 PM (0/0)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 5:09 PM (1/10)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:46 PM (0/0)
- .biz exists already people!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:03 AM (1/2)
- Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD? jandl, October 16 @ 8:21 PM (1/4)
- application materials page returns "forbidden" error in IE5 jandl, October 14 @ 7:33 PM (0/0)
- Our Application PhilBerent, October 14 @ 1:18 PM (2/12)