Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Mon, October 16, 2000 at 8:21 PM GMT (Mon, October 16, 2000 at 4:21 PM EDT)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD?
Based on the TLD policy and
board representation, it is clear that the intention of this proposal is to keep
SOHO and really small businesses out of the loop. It's a truly chartered TLD,
allowing only a select group to have and SLD and requiring as much documentation
as a bank would require for a large loan.
In addition, there are thousands
of businesses which could use similar names such as your poor example of dogfood.biz.
Why should there be a restriction on the use of dog-food.biz or any other similar,
but generic name? Is Affinity prepared to say that there is only one dogfood
company in the world?
This entire application should fall under the category of
restraint of trade, including speculation. It is not the speculators who are
hoarders. It is the mega corps like P&G who are the hoarders and keep names
off the market.
If Affinity wishes to utilize these restrictions, why not
simply state that it is designed for big business and Trademarks only. That
is the net result of the stated policy.
As a small SOHO, I could not and would
not wish to register in this proposed TLD, nor would many others in the same situation.
I would never provide personal address, bank information or anything of that nature
in order to register a domain name. $2000 for a business domain is excessive
As in other applications, this policy is unworkable and much to
restrictive for such a category of TLD.
A better string would be .BIGbiz
(bigfirm, bigebiz, etc.), as you will essentially eliminate most small businesses.
I sincerely hope that ICANN will have a less biased approach to TLD's. This
is a travesty.
- .biz, etc. Application by Affinity Internet, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (13/43)
- Further Statement in Support of our Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Affinity application jehlers, October 28 @ 5:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposal analysis - Affinity's NAME LOTTERY AND HIGH FEES TLD Facts, October 26 @ 3:13 PM (1/1)
- Affinity App peniel, October 25 @ 10:58 PM (1/1)
- Reply dd5166, October 24 @ 2:44 PM (0/0)
- jandl is right. bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:07 AM (0/0)
- Support for Affinity Proposal SSattaur, October 21 @ 2:45 PM (0/0)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 5:09 PM (1/10)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:46 PM (0/0)
- .biz exists already people!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:03 AM (1/2)
- Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD? jandl, October 16 @ 8:21 PM (1/4)
- application materials page returns "forbidden" error in IE5 jandl, October 14 @ 7:33 PM (0/0)
- Our Application PhilBerent, October 14 @ 1:18 PM (2/12)