Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sat, October 28, 2000 at 11:45 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Overcoming cybersquatting and domain name speculation
Dear Mr Berent,
There are a number of ways to overcome cybersquatting and domain name speculation
(i) Registries should never allow any lame delegations.
The MY NIC (www.mynic.net.my) refuses to register domains if they are lame delegations,
i.e. name servers not responding authoritively.
should make sure that the minimum name servers allowed for any one SLD to be registered
is TWO (2) or more.
(iii) Registries should also make sure
that for every SLD to be registered, the name servers are on different international
(iv) Registry may use pricing mechanisms however
registry should be aware that if the prices are too high the TLD may have less demand.
I hope that helps.
- .biz, etc. Application by Affinity Internet, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (13/43)
- Further Statement in Support of our Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Affinity application jehlers, October 28 @ 5:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposal analysis - Affinity's NAME LOTTERY AND HIGH FEES TLD Facts, October 26 @ 3:13 PM (1/1)
- Affinity App peniel, October 25 @ 10:58 PM (1/1)
- Reply dd5166, October 24 @ 2:44 PM (0/0)
- jandl is right. bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:07 AM (0/0)
- Support for Affinity Proposal SSattaur, October 21 @ 2:45 PM (0/0)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 5:09 PM (1/10)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:46 PM (0/0)
- .biz exists already people!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:03 AM (1/2)
- Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD? jandl, October 16 @ 8:21 PM (1/4)
- application materials page returns "forbidden" error in IE5 jandl, October 14 @ 7:33 PM (0/0)
- Our Application PhilBerent, October 14 @ 1:18 PM (2/12)