Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, October 22, 2000 at 1:07 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||jandl is right.
With all of these .biz applicants asking to be the .biz registrar, I think it is
important to note that this is a futile effort. The top level domain, .biz,
is in existence in the ORSC. There are several websites up an running with
a .biz tld. If ICANN chooses Affinity, let's say, then what would happen to
the existing .biz websites? In my opinion, there will be only conflict and
I already smell loads of litigation against the successful .biz applicant (that is,
IF they get accepted by ICANN). |
jandl is right. See jandl's messages
below in each of the .biz areas. .biz has been here all along! It's inception
was way back in 1996!
If there is justice in this world, then those with
first use should be the victor. In this instance, .biz already is in existence.
I agree with all these people who state that not only do these .biz applicants pose
a problem, but there are a few others: .firm, .xxx, .sex, .event, .cool, .inc,
The only one that has any merit is IOD's .web just because
they have prior use.
Thanks for taking the time to read my opinions.
- .biz, etc. Application by Affinity Internet, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (13/43)
- Further Statement in Support of our Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Affinity application jehlers, October 28 @ 5:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposal analysis - Affinity's NAME LOTTERY AND HIGH FEES TLD Facts, October 26 @ 3:13 PM (1/1)
- Affinity App peniel, October 25 @ 10:58 PM (1/1)
- Reply dd5166, October 24 @ 2:44 PM (0/0)
- jandl is right. bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:07 AM (0/0)
- Support for Affinity Proposal SSattaur, October 21 @ 2:45 PM (0/0)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 5:09 PM (1/10)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:46 PM (0/0)
- .biz exists already people!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:03 AM (1/2)
- Why not simply say .BIZ will be a mega corp TLD? jandl, October 16 @ 8:21 PM (1/4)
- application materials page returns "forbidden" error in IE5 jandl, October 14 @ 7:33 PM (0/0)
- Our Application PhilBerent, October 14 @ 1:18 PM (2/12)