Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 12:02 AM GMT (Tue, October 17, 2000 at 10:02 AM EAST)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Actually, I did read your proposal and business plan before I wrote that
comment. Also, I'm not about to doubt that your intent is to enhance the Internet.
the most basic level here, I am concerned that your proposal treats .kids as something
of secondary importance, an adjuct to a product (.xxx) aimed at the sex industry.
I do not think it is appropriate that the kids domain name sector (or even kid-based
content) should be financed by the profits made out of selling .xxx domain names.
pertinent part of your proposal was:
"To this end, ICM Registry will contribute
$6 per domain name for the creation of the .KIDS corporation, support the operation
of the .KIDS registry, develop research on children's programming, protect children
form exposure to adult-oriented content and provide children with tools to go on-line"
I'm interested - what percentage of your .kids advisory board members will be aged
under 12? What percentage aged under 18? What consultation have you done with young
people? How will they meet? Where? How often? How will they (adults and youth) be
Finally, Michael Palage is both Senior Vice President of your company
and a member of an ICANN working group on intellectual property. Is that a conflict
of interest? (Maybe not, it just seems that way).
Again, thanks for your active
involvement in this discussion board. I certainly much appreciate the time you take
to engage with us in this small way.
I hope you have time to also check out my
organisation - Nation1 - www.nation1.net.
Co-Coordinator - email@example.com
Nation1 - www.nation1.net
Author, "Cyberscene: a teen traveller's guide to the web"
(Penguin Books 1999)
- .kids, etc. Application by ICM Registry, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (15/40)
- kids and xxx should be added with precautions taken daimonic, November 3 @ 8:06 AM (0/0)
- XXX and KIDS are the reason NOT to do this Lindy Kathlyn, November 3 @ 2:58 AM (1/1)
- COPA Commission should support your proposal jodybresgi, October 31 @ 8:56 PM (0/0)
- ICM Registry has the best Proposal Hands Down Neo, October 27 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- Its about time MJ, October 27 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observation john.carr, October 27 @ 9:03 AM (1/2)
- Important first step to cleaning up the internet! Talya, October 25 @ 5:36 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:15 PM (0/0)
- ICM .kids algajola24, October 17 @ 4:37 PM (0/0)
- About time! ICM plan positive for content providers r9stein, October 17 @ 2:02 PM (0/0)
- I am Against this application/More Network Solutions involvement Merlin, October 17 @ 1:51 AM (0/0)
- .kids drdjklein, October 16 @ 7:55 PM (2/2)
- KIDS TLD APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCEPTED franmail, October 16 @ 1:18 PM (1/2)
- Review ICM Registry's Submission to ICANN at www.icmregistry.com Hendeles, October 15 @ 5:09 PM (3/14)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:23 PM (1/4)