Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 3:52 AM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
>So this means:|
>(1) Existing and future sex sites (and kids sites) WILL NOT be
forced >to relocate/locate at .xxx and .kids domains.
>(2) All sites that do decide
to come under .kids or .xxx domain names >WILL be required to comply with certain
policies that you will >determine.
YES to points (1) and (2)
>What if a .kids
site includes information that you, the censor, >determine not to be appropriate?
Can they still be part of the .kids >domain space?
No. You identify a key problem
with the .KIDS space. It is difficult to agree on what is and is not acceptable for
kids. That is why in our proposal we focus .KIDS on 12 and under. When dealing with
teenagers parents have a wide diversity of what is and is not acceptable (i.e. birth
control, abortion, etc.)
The Code of Conduct for the .KIDS will eventually be created
by consensus building efforts lead by the Policy Advisory Board. This task will not
be easy, so ICM Registry believes that the .KIDS TLD should start off with some basic
OBJECTIVE standards as to what is not acceptable within the .KIDS TLDS (i.e. nudity,
vulgar language, etc.). Although these OBJECTIVE standards may be a little Draconian,
it seems the only way to start off.
As ICANN adds additional green-space and red-light
TLDs to the root. The Policy Advisory Board for each TLD will be able to get a little
more creative as modifications to the Code of Conduct and policy considerations.
But I believe one must crawl before they walk, and walk before they run.
your comments and suggestions. We have been refining this proposal for eight months
and the refinement process will be a never ending process. I apologize if my tone
was a little defensive.
Michael D. Palage
- .kids, etc. Application by ICM Registry, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (15/40)
- kids and xxx should be added with precautions taken daimonic, November 3 @ 8:06 AM (0/0)
- XXX and KIDS are the reason NOT to do this Lindy Kathlyn, November 3 @ 2:58 AM (1/1)
- COPA Commission should support your proposal jodybresgi, October 31 @ 8:56 PM (0/0)
- ICM Registry has the best Proposal Hands Down Neo, October 27 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- Its about time MJ, October 27 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observation john.carr, October 27 @ 9:03 AM (1/2)
- Important first step to cleaning up the internet! Talya, October 25 @ 5:36 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:15 PM (0/0)
- ICM .kids algajola24, October 17 @ 4:37 PM (0/0)
- About time! ICM plan positive for content providers r9stein, October 17 @ 2:02 PM (0/0)
- I am Against this application/More Network Solutions involvement Merlin, October 17 @ 1:51 AM (0/0)
- .kids drdjklein, October 16 @ 7:55 PM (2/2)
- KIDS TLD APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCEPTED franmail, October 16 @ 1:18 PM (1/2)
- Review ICM Registry's Submission to ICANN at www.icmregistry.com Hendeles, October 15 @ 5:09 PM (3/14)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:23 PM (1/4)