Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 6:18 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||OPEN & TRANSPARENT REGISTRATION POLICY
I wanted to quickly respond to your question.
"What if a .kids site includes information that you, the censor, determine not
to be appropriate? Can they still be part of the .kids domain space?"
RESPONSE: In the event a ".kids" or ".xxx" web address were distributing
content that was considered to be inappropriate by the policy advisory board, than
I could imagine the following steps being taken:
1. The registrant would
a. that they have breached their domain registration
b. how they might remedy the breach
a date prior to which they must remedy the breach
d. how they might
appeal the decision.
2. The registrant would have a fair opportunity
3. In the event that the registrants appeal failed and
or they failed to resolve the problem, ICM Registry would reserve the right to terminate
their registration agreement.
I could envision the abovementioned hypothetical
strategy to change in the event there was a serious breach (ex. illegal content distribution).
Keep in mind that we developed the framework for a policy advisory board which
will best represent the broader Internet community in an open and transparent manner.
Our goal is to set in place a structure which will best allow the policy advisory
board to develop these policies and procedures.
||The Internet Content Management Registry
- .kids, etc. Application by ICM Registry, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (15/40)
- kids and xxx should be added with precautions taken daimonic, November 3 @ 8:06 AM (0/0)
- XXX and KIDS are the reason NOT to do this Lindy Kathlyn, November 3 @ 2:58 AM (1/1)
- COPA Commission should support your proposal jodybresgi, October 31 @ 8:56 PM (0/0)
- ICM Registry has the best Proposal Hands Down Neo, October 27 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- Its about time MJ, October 27 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observation john.carr, October 27 @ 9:03 AM (1/2)
- Important first step to cleaning up the internet! Talya, October 25 @ 5:36 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:15 PM (0/0)
- ICM .kids algajola24, October 17 @ 4:37 PM (0/0)
- About time! ICM plan positive for content providers r9stein, October 17 @ 2:02 PM (0/0)
- I am Against this application/More Network Solutions involvement Merlin, October 17 @ 1:51 AM (0/0)
- .kids drdjklein, October 16 @ 7:55 PM (2/2)
- KIDS TLD APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCEPTED franmail, October 16 @ 1:18 PM (1/2)
- Review ICM Registry's Submission to ICANN at www.icmregistry.com Hendeles, October 15 @ 5:09 PM (3/14)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:23 PM (1/4)