Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 3:29 AM GMT (Tue, October 17, 2000 at 1:29 PM EAST)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
||Can you clarify please?
|Hi! Sorry, I was confused by your last post...|
"The fact that the
.XXX & .KIDS TLDs as set forth in ICM Registry's proposal are VOLUNTARY in nature
undermines your argument that ICM Registry is seeking to mandate/segregate adult
content providers into a specific TLD. "
"ICM Registry... will incorporate
into the registrant license agreement contractual terms by which the registrant must
comply. If the registrant does not wish to comply with those terms they are free
to register with another generic TLD or ccTLD. Period end of story."
So this means:
Existing and future sex sites (and kids sites) WILL NOT be forced to relocate/locate
at .xxx and .kids domains.
(2) All sites that do decide to come under .kids or
.xxx domain names WILL be required to comply with certain policies that you will
What if a .kids site includes information that you, the censor, determine
not to be appropriate? Can they still be part of the .kids domain space?
the post you replying to was perhaps overly aggressive, but I do think you should
also try and be a little less emotive/defensive. There will be problems with your
system, you can recognise them - and change to make the whole thing better.
Co-Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nation1 - www.nation1.net
Author, "Cyberscene: a teen traveller's guide to the web"
(Penguin Books 1999)
- .kids, etc. Application by ICM Registry, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (15/40)
- kids and xxx should be added with precautions taken daimonic, November 3 @ 8:06 AM (0/0)
- XXX and KIDS are the reason NOT to do this Lindy Kathlyn, November 3 @ 2:58 AM (1/1)
- COPA Commission should support your proposal jodybresgi, October 31 @ 8:56 PM (0/0)
- ICM Registry has the best Proposal Hands Down Neo, October 27 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- Its about time MJ, October 27 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observation john.carr, October 27 @ 9:03 AM (1/2)
- Important first step to cleaning up the internet! Talya, October 25 @ 5:36 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:15 PM (0/0)
- ICM .kids algajola24, October 17 @ 4:37 PM (0/0)
- About time! ICM plan positive for content providers r9stein, October 17 @ 2:02 PM (0/0)
- I am Against this application/More Network Solutions involvement Merlin, October 17 @ 1:51 AM (0/0)
- .kids drdjklein, October 16 @ 7:55 PM (2/2)
- KIDS TLD APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCEPTED franmail, October 16 @ 1:18 PM (1/2)
- Review ICM Registry's Submission to ICANN at www.icmregistry.com Hendeles, October 15 @ 5:09 PM (3/14)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:23 PM (1/4)