Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Wed, November 1, 2000 at 1:07 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Business/dollar mix of kids and porn is revolting, with possible social downturn
If I understand the concept correctly,
profit from adult interest and product use of porn will pipeline into better kids'
frontiers on the web? Does anybody believe that is true? These two elements are exact
poles in terms of goals, vision, and external social costs and benefits. I don't
make a judgment here about the moral right to sanction or operate sites selling porn,
that's another issue. Anyone comfortable working the xxx channels is protected by
our great country's laws, freedom for all.
But mating the two leaves a strange
taste in the mouth.
Porn promoters are precisely not the group that needs to be
monitoring and developing the technical future and virtual horizons for youth. I
don't even want to think about the corporate retreats, or where the traffic/development
data might end up. In my opinion, porn execution as a business enterprise excludes
optimum child program/goal development, the altruistic key elements of the latter
cannot be aligned with the profit incentive of the former. Porn is addictive, I'm
not sure the opposite number for children's sites is true. Porn is an adult right,
children are to be protected from it, not receive co-branded marketing messages indicating
both are equally acceptable media for consumption.
But XXX profit machines can
exist exclusive of the kids sites. Why must the two be mounted on the same TLD? If
I didn't think this application was legitimate, I might think this part of the application
was the pushbutton to obtaining the xxx TLD.
This sounds to me like a guy who blocks
the intersection with his cab causing a wreck and races you to the hospital "for
a minimal charge". There's enough porn on the web already. I don't even want to think
about the implications of cross-mirroring servers, hacking, and the potential "partnering",
the double entendre potential of which would keep Saturday Night Live going another
Kids are too click-close, conscious or
not, to porn anyway.
- .kids, etc. Application by ICM Registry, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (15/40)
- kids and xxx should be added with precautions taken daimonic, November 3 @ 8:06 AM (0/0)
- XXX and KIDS are the reason NOT to do this Lindy Kathlyn, November 3 @ 2:58 AM (1/1)
- COPA Commission should support your proposal jodybresgi, October 31 @ 8:56 PM (0/0)
- ICM Registry has the best Proposal Hands Down Neo, October 27 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- Its about time MJ, October 27 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observation john.carr, October 27 @ 9:03 AM (1/2)
- Important first step to cleaning up the internet! Talya, October 25 @ 5:36 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:15 PM (0/0)
- ICM .kids algajola24, October 17 @ 4:37 PM (0/0)
- About time! ICM plan positive for content providers r9stein, October 17 @ 2:02 PM (0/0)
- I am Against this application/More Network Solutions involvement Merlin, October 17 @ 1:51 AM (0/0)
- .kids drdjklein, October 16 @ 7:55 PM (2/2)
- KIDS TLD APPLICATION SHOULD BE ACCEPTED franmail, October 16 @ 1:18 PM (1/2)
- Review ICM Registry's Submission to ICANN at www.icmregistry.com Hendeles, October 15 @ 5:09 PM (3/14)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:23 PM (1/4)