Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Thu, November 2, 2000 at 1:26 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
I'm unclear on your concept of how .tv is hoarding the names. I just
went to their site (www.tv) and checked a bunch of names. For example, business.tv
was available as was sex.tv. Those seem like pretty good names to me.
Also it shows right there on the site that they have sold free.tv, china.tv and net.tv.
I heard that they have also sold tv.tv to the IDT Corporation. I think they
own TV Guide.
It would seem to me that dotTV would most benefit themselves by having
guys like tv.tv have the great names and launch kick ass web sites. Look at
.cc, .nu or .ws, you've got probably lots of people with names, but no sites.
I don't see the benefit to .tv to "hoard" names.
If you are on their site and hit
refresh every couple minutes, you will literally see the names which are sold, scroll
Lastly, I own several dotTV names and have been very happy with their service
and i hope they do win one of the new gTLDs. Given my past history with them,
I think they would do a great job. Their consirtium also looks very solid.
I just don't think those other companies like Lycos would get into bed with an unsrupulous
partner like you are describing.
- .pro Application by the dotPRO Consortium Moderator, October 7 @ 10:07 PM (12/60)
- tech view of .nom techchick, November 4 @ 2:56 AM (0/0)
- dotPRO Consortium Walter Bergfeld, November 4 @ 12:31 AM (1/1)
- .pro! jedrink24, November 3 @ 5:39 PM (2/5)
- ICANN, please, approving dotPRO is a NO-BRAINER TLDdaddy, November 3 @ 2:05 AM (1/1)
- I vote for dotPro BionicBro, November 3 @ 1:49 AM (0/0)
- Organization or Chaos? Jennifer Sun, November 3 @ 1:43 AM (3/3)
- .Pro! Jer072, November 2 @ 2:43 AM (1/2)
- DotPro Consortium tiger74, November 2 @ 2:08 AM (1/14)
- The internet should be a utility mayor, November 1 @ 6:07 AM (0/0)
- I beg to differ spamela, October 27 @ 12:45 AM (1/20)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:34 PM (0/0)
- Dot Pro CONsortium Julie, October 15 @ 12:53 AM (1/2)