Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, November 3, 2000 at 6:40 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
I think the .pro application states that there is no professional
certification or fact-checking required to receive a .pro name. The (in my
opinion) weakness of the CORE's .pro application vs. the dotPRO Consortium's is that
CORE proposes to check board certifications, which is utter folly. Aside from
.med.pro or .law.pro, what board certifications exist- for example, in industries
like utilities (.util.pro) or aerospace (.aero.pro)? What if a company loses
its certification? And, most importantly, who really gives a crap if someone
is certified before they receive a lousy internet address?
The job of the internet
is not to lend legitimacy to anyone's claim to a certain status or membership, and
I htink for this reason the dotPRO's application makes more sense.
As to your question
about charging different prices- price discrimination is a tactic for commercial
businesses to extract maximum consumer surplus out of their pricing schemes.
dotPRO Consortium's application explicitly states they are not seeking to gouge more
dollars out of their customers, depending on customers' ability to pay. Rather,
I think the application is quite clear that it is a one-low-price-fits-all philosophy.
Want a name? $3.50. Want antoher name? $3.50 more. Are you
Microsoft? $3.50 please. Are you Joe Startup? That'll be $3.50
for that domain name.
It's seems quite simple in that respect.
- .pro Application by the dotPRO Consortium Moderator, October 7 @ 10:07 PM (12/60)
- tech view of .nom techchick, November 4 @ 2:56 AM (0/0)
- dotPRO Consortium Walter Bergfeld, November 4 @ 12:31 AM (1/1)
- .pro! jedrink24, November 3 @ 5:39 PM (2/5)
- ICANN, please, approving dotPRO is a NO-BRAINER TLDdaddy, November 3 @ 2:05 AM (1/1)
- I vote for dotPro BionicBro, November 3 @ 1:49 AM (0/0)
- Organization or Chaos? Jennifer Sun, November 3 @ 1:43 AM (3/3)
- .Pro! Jer072, November 2 @ 2:43 AM (1/2)
- DotPro Consortium tiger74, November 2 @ 2:08 AM (1/14)
- The internet should be a utility mayor, November 1 @ 6:07 AM (0/0)
- I beg to differ spamela, October 27 @ 12:45 AM (1/20)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:34 PM (0/0)
- Dot Pro CONsortium Julie, October 15 @ 12:53 AM (1/2)