Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Mon, October 16, 2000 at 1:27 AM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
||LLC = Limited Liability Company
LLC does not stand for Limited Liability Corporation. It stands for Limited Liability
I implore you to speak to a business consultant or attorney specializing
in corporate law. The issue of which entities can be members or shareholders in an
LLC or corporation (respectively) is well-defined by the law and there is no room
for disagreement or interpretation.
The issue of CORE (or any other non-profit
organization) spending its funds improperly is a completely different issue that
has no relevance whatsoever to CORE's membership in Afilias, or any other corporatate
entity for that matter.
The bottom line: according to law, a non-profit organization
(such as CORE) has the legal right to be a member of an LLC (such as Afilias).
you have a hard time grasping that, please speak to a business consultant or attorney
and I'm sure they'd be glad to go over, in detail, the laws relating to this issue.
post is just another reason why members of these forums should not post messages
regarding laws and issues that they obviously have little knowledge or understanding
of. It's just creating a big mess filled with false information.
- .nom Application by CORE Internet Council of Registrars Moderator, October 7 @ 10:11 PM (15/49)
- Support for the .NOM proposal from CORE JMB, November 5 @ 7:06 PM (0/0)
- Questionable financial & business capabilies griffiths, November 5 @ 5:02 PM (0/0)
- Exellent CORE application for .NOM kasia, November 4 @ 4:11 PM (0/0)
- Few Positive Points in Regards to CORE Application sharjeel, November 3 @ 6:44 PM (0/0)
- Question... PHXbird, November 3 @ 5:45 PM (0/0)
- Support to CORE .nom proposal RETEVISION, November 2 @ 8:49 AM (0/0)
- CORE application is good for the Internet ksoussi, November 2 @ 1:07 AM (1/1)
- How does the applicant propose handling multiple people with the same name? hunter, October 27 @ 3:47 AM (1/4)
- CORE should be required to accept due process in US ALLDNS, October 22 @ 5:20 AM (1/1)
- Why is CORE Hiding Its Financials? Need2Know, October 20 @ 5:42 PM (0/0)
- CORE's application for .NOM now online! nike, October 19 @ 10:25 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:23 PM (0/0)
- CORE's proposal for .NOM nike, October 17 @ 2:04 AM (0/0)
- Why don't CORE stop Pre-registrations for .nom, from it's CO-Founder Knipp.de? Rebeka, October 16 @ 6:24 PM (2/4)
- Is CORE Nonprofit or FOR Profit.....Please Respond..Someone from CORE....... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:01 AM (2/24)