Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 2:04 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||CORE's proposal for .NOM
The following is a brief description of CORE's .NOM proposal:|
.nom are restricted to individuals...
The .nom domains are for personal use only.
However, this does not ipso facto require non-commercial use unless there is conflict
with legitimate trademark interests...
".nom" being a personal use TLD is intended
for wide spread use, and is bound to limit domain name speculation. In order to accommodate
a larger number of users, we have adopted the so called "two-dot" policy. All registrants
must share the second level domain with any other interested registrant, while they
are delegated the third level on an exclusive basis.
Our policy allows John Smith,
Joe Smith, Peter Smith and so on to get a unique, reasonable and usable domain name.
If we initially allow exclusive registration at the second level, only one lucky
Smith in the world would get it, leaving outside the rest of the Smiths. Moreover,
the Smith getting the smith.nom domain on an exclusive basis would probably like
to act as a sharing domain name company, offering its services on a third level to
other Smiths, but without any control from a policy point of view and without any
- .nom Application by CORE Internet Council of Registrars Moderator, October 7 @ 10:11 PM (15/49)
- Support for the .NOM proposal from CORE JMB, November 5 @ 7:06 PM (0/0)
- Questionable financial & business capabilies griffiths, November 5 @ 5:02 PM (0/0)
- Exellent CORE application for .NOM kasia, November 4 @ 4:11 PM (0/0)
- Few Positive Points in Regards to CORE Application sharjeel, November 3 @ 6:44 PM (0/0)
- Question... PHXbird, November 3 @ 5:45 PM (0/0)
- Support to CORE .nom proposal RETEVISION, November 2 @ 8:49 AM (0/0)
- CORE application is good for the Internet ksoussi, November 2 @ 1:07 AM (1/1)
- How does the applicant propose handling multiple people with the same name? hunter, October 27 @ 3:47 AM (1/4)
- CORE should be required to accept due process in US ALLDNS, October 22 @ 5:20 AM (1/1)
- Why is CORE Hiding Its Financials? Need2Know, October 20 @ 5:42 PM (0/0)
- CORE's application for .NOM now online! nike, October 19 @ 10:25 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:23 PM (0/0)
- CORE's proposal for .NOM nike, October 17 @ 2:04 AM (0/0)
- Why don't CORE stop Pre-registrations for .nom, from it's CO-Founder Knipp.de? Rebeka, October 16 @ 6:24 PM (2/4)
- Is CORE Nonprofit or FOR Profit.....Please Respond..Someone from CORE....... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:01 AM (2/24)