Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 17, 2000 at 8:02 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.7 using Windows NT
||pre-registrations != registrations
I already explained it to you today. Perhaps you should read the follow-ups of
your postings. Only because I have a different opinion regarding IOD, you are producing
FUD aka. "Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt", not to say that you spreading untruths. It is
hard to believe that people request fairness and equal opportunity while distributing
worst propaganda at the same time.
But for those who don't know you, I explain
it once again:
Years ago, CORE was founded based on the IAHC and the gTLD-MOU.
IHAC (not CORE) determined seven new top level domains that CORE should operate.
My company, KNIPP, applied for a membership and was accepted. Half a year before
the planned start of operation of the registry, KNIPP started to offer _PRE_REGISTRATIONS.
These PREregistrations were and are FREE and they where thought JUST TO DETERMINE
THE ORDER in which we planned to submit the registrations later after the start.
These were in no way registrations like those IOD offers. You can see this looking
at the pre-registration form: There are no entries for specifying all the contact
data, e.g. owner, administrative and technical contacts nor entries for specifying
the name servers for the domain. Just some personal data to identify the person who
has pre-registered (and not the owner of the domain) and the names of the domain.
We clearly state that we cannot guarantee a successful registration. The customer
does not need to pay anything for the pre-registration and has the ability to withdraw
In addition, I want to quote from our homepage:
Because of the intervention
of the american government and the
consequences resulting from that the question,
which domains will
be selected, is now open again. At the beginning of its activities,
had aimed the activation of the top level domains .shop, .info,
.rec, .nom, .arts,
.firm and .web. As CORE had been one step before
operating those top level domains,
we, Knipp, created a way for a
non-binding pre-registration of those domains.
As we and CORE
have the objective that at least a part of the domains will be
we have kept the pre-registration alive.
We will extend/adjust our pre-registration
possibilities as soon as
the new top level domains have been determined.
matter who will get the .web domain (if any), whether IOD, Affilias or Neustar, my
company, KNIPP, will try to register the pre-registered domains on bahalf of our
customers at the corresponding registry. This is our commitment.
Medien und Kommunikation, Germany
- .nom Application by CORE Internet Council of Registrars Moderator, October 7 @ 10:11 PM (15/49)
- Support for the .NOM proposal from CORE JMB, November 5 @ 7:06 PM (0/0)
- Questionable financial & business capabilies griffiths, November 5 @ 5:02 PM (0/0)
- Exellent CORE application for .NOM kasia, November 4 @ 4:11 PM (0/0)
- Few Positive Points in Regards to CORE Application sharjeel, November 3 @ 6:44 PM (0/0)
- Question... PHXbird, November 3 @ 5:45 PM (0/0)
- Support to CORE .nom proposal RETEVISION, November 2 @ 8:49 AM (0/0)
- CORE application is good for the Internet ksoussi, November 2 @ 1:07 AM (1/1)
- How does the applicant propose handling multiple people with the same name? hunter, October 27 @ 3:47 AM (1/4)
- CORE should be required to accept due process in US ALLDNS, October 22 @ 5:20 AM (1/1)
- Why is CORE Hiding Its Financials? Need2Know, October 20 @ 5:42 PM (0/0)
- CORE's application for .NOM now online! nike, October 19 @ 10:25 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:23 PM (0/0)
- CORE's proposal for .NOM nike, October 17 @ 2:04 AM (0/0)
- Why don't CORE stop Pre-registrations for .nom, from it's CO-Founder Knipp.de? Rebeka, October 16 @ 6:24 PM (2/4)
- Is CORE Nonprofit or FOR Profit.....Please Respond..Someone from CORE....... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:01 AM (2/24)