Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 12:05 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||Welcome to the world...
I understand your concern for US consumers
and although the US is certainly at the origin of the internet and one of the most
advanced user population, I do believe any reasoning should be based on an international
What protection do non US users have from abuse in the .com space?
Start legal proceedings in the US? We in Switzerland, for example, are today in the
exact position you would not like to be in.
Is the solution to make sure the whole
internet is under US legislation? I do think that may create a few concerns - in
about 150 countries.
One could imagine that at some point in time ICANN or its
successor would be part of an international organisation. We can always dream!!!
the mean time, and in order to preserve the interests of the internet user community
at large (my understanding = internationaly), different national sensibilities, legislations
and philosophies should be respected and represented.
I do hope that several non-US
proposals are accepted and would be personally very disappointed if the majority
of new TLDs were to be under US company control.
Hugues Du Bois
I do not have any links to CORE ... just live in the same peaceful and calm country.
We want to keep it that way!!!
- .nom Application by CORE Internet Council of Registrars Moderator, October 7 @ 10:11 PM (15/49)
- Support for the .NOM proposal from CORE JMB, November 5 @ 7:06 PM (0/0)
- Questionable financial & business capabilies griffiths, November 5 @ 5:02 PM (0/0)
- Exellent CORE application for .NOM kasia, November 4 @ 4:11 PM (0/0)
- Few Positive Points in Regards to CORE Application sharjeel, November 3 @ 6:44 PM (0/0)
- Question... PHXbird, November 3 @ 5:45 PM (0/0)
- Support to CORE .nom proposal RETEVISION, November 2 @ 8:49 AM (0/0)
- CORE application is good for the Internet ksoussi, November 2 @ 1:07 AM (1/1)
- How does the applicant propose handling multiple people with the same name? hunter, October 27 @ 3:47 AM (1/4)
- CORE should be required to accept due process in US ALLDNS, October 22 @ 5:20 AM (1/1)
- Welcome to the world... huguesdb, October 27 @ 12:05 AM (0/0)
- Why is CORE Hiding Its Financials? Need2Know, October 20 @ 5:42 PM (0/0)
- CORE's application for .NOM now online! nike, October 19 @ 10:25 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:23 PM (0/0)
- CORE's proposal for .NOM nike, October 17 @ 2:04 AM (0/0)
- Why don't CORE stop Pre-registrations for .nom, from it's CO-Founder Knipp.de? Rebeka, October 16 @ 6:24 PM (2/4)
- Is CORE Nonprofit or FOR Profit.....Please Respond..Someone from CORE....... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:01 AM (2/24)