Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, November 3, 2000 at 3:31 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||.cool will just be a fad
Thanks for the congratulations nickl. Yankees #1! Here in NY we are still
On a more serious note, you give some interesting opinions and figures
about teenagers using the internet in the future. But just think on a more
global scale. I'm not so sure some 16-year-old in some small country in the
middle of nowhere would really want a .cool. NOT everyone knows what "cool"
means. It IS an American slang word. It's not generic. It would
be America-centric for there to be a .cool.
Do you honestly think that in
addition to .com, .net, and .org (3 very generic endings that have global meaning),
there should be a .cool?
I don't even think teenagers in this country would
want .cool. It would be a fad. Let's say you, Nick, have a .cool.
I presume you're in your teens. A few years from now, when you're looking for
a job, are you going to say, hello Intel, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't think so.
We are talking about the future of the internet here.
Yes, teenagers will be a huge part of the internet. But .cool just doesn't
sound like something a teenager would want to have once he/she reaches his/her 20s.
It would be temporary. It would not be as lasting as a .com, .net, or .org.
To this end, a TLd should be generic and apply to anyone. In fact, I don't
think anyone past their teens would even want a .cool name unless it's for a site
aimed at teens.
I'm sorry but I simply don't think .cool makes sense.
And by the way, I think it DOES matter who Pedro works for. Because having
support from people who work at the same company applying for the domains is meaningless.
- .biz, etc. Application by Abacus America, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:37 PM (50/100)
- Whatever happenned to the dot shops chrisn, December 16 @ 1:22 PM (0/0)
- ABACUS - Great Concept ak, November 6 @ 12:26 AM (0/0)
- USA families mikes, November 6 @ 12:00 AM (0/0)
- yes to FAM henry, November 5 @ 11:52 PM (0/0)
- .fam andyG, November 5 @ 11:44 PM (0/0)
- Out of 200 proposed TLDs only one is COOL kevinY , November 5 @ 11:29 PM (0/0)
- .cool kevinY , November 5 @ 11:20 PM (0/0)
- Family JamesZ , November 5 @ 11:14 PM (0/0)
- I Agree (.FAM and .XXX) tw, November 5 @ 10:36 PM (0/0)
- Families need .FAM sl, November 5 @ 10:22 PM (0/0)
- support for .COOL tn, November 5 @ 9:29 PM (1/1)
- .COOL great idea AFree , November 5 @ 9:21 PM (1/1)
- This is the only application that can reach profitability within the first month - HOW? griffiths, November 5 @ 6:07 PM (0/0)
- IOD issue useyourhead, November 5 @ 6:47 AM (0/0)
- .cool will just be a fad YankeeFan, November 3 @ 3:31 AM (2/2)
- .XXX a poor idea ipguy, November 3 @ 12:10 AM (0/0)
- Does Pedro work for Abacus? YankeeFan, November 1 @ 8:03 AM (3/8)
- Abacus got it right pedro, November 1 @ 4:26 AM (0/0)
- Yes to .FAM AndrewK , October 31 @ 9:42 PM (0/0)
- Why Abacus for .biz ChrisK , October 31 @ 9:00 PM (0/0)
- About dot .biz and .inc email@example.com, October 31 @ 7:44 AM (0/0)
- MSNBC.com Pole domainking, October 31 @ 12:38 AM (0/0)
- .COOL domainking, October 30 @ 11:50 PM (0/0)
- Trying to be cool nickl, October 27 @ 10:01 PM (0/0)
- cool jamesh, October 27 @ 7:31 PM (1/1)
- .fam mikeS, October 27 @ 1:06 AM (0/0)
- It is very important for ICANN to be fair to the public alexj, October 26 @ 8:04 PM (0/0)
- To: saynotoabacus useyourhead, October 26 @ 5:44 AM (0/0)
- EXPERIENCE WITH ABACUS, INC. vldiaz, October 26 @ 3:07 AM (0/0)
- Abacus App peniel, October 25 @ 10:54 PM (0/0)
- I like .cool ChrisK , October 25 @ 8:10 PM (0/0)
- Different policies for ".biz" portion Josh Kyle, October 24 @ 6:57 PM (1/1)
- Anyone know who else has it ready to go? useyourhead, October 23 @ 5:58 AM (1/9)
- .xxx MikeS, October 22 @ 10:31 PM (2/2)
- Young people nickl, October 22 @ 1:19 AM (0/0)
- I agree with jandl bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:05 AM (0/0)
- BID SYSTEM UNFAIR to UNRICH stokdoctor, October 21 @ 10:32 PM (2/2)
- Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation marks. My only intent was to draw your attention to SayNoToAbacus, October 21 @ 12:11 AM (1/1)
- WWW.NAMES4EVER.COM Domainking, October 20 @ 7:35 PM (2/2)
- To saynotoabacus use your head, October 20 @ 6:11 AM (0/0)
- .biz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 4:48 PM (1/1)
- Comments sjk, October 19 @ 7:26 AM (0/0)
- Way to go Abacus! use your head, October 19 @ 6:19 AM (1/4)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:45 PM (0/0)
- Abacus is trying to BUY your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 9:22 AM (1/1)
- We want to see your application emc2, October 17 @ 3:16 AM (0/0)
- .fam is needed dconder, October 16 @ 9:11 PM (1/10)
- Simply unworkable jandl, October 16 @ 12:41 AM (0/0)
- .BIZ applications korskarn, October 15 @ 4:43 PM (2/4)
- Where is your application? jandl, October 14 @ 7:55 PM (0/0)