Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pagehowe
Date/Time: Sun, October 22, 2000 at 11:07 PM GMT (Sun, October 22, 2000 at 4:07 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: reply From Chairman

Since you addressed me by name i have chosen to reply.

First, Fair Disclosure. I think you should disclose you work for another applicant Blueberry Hill, and your shortsighted comments may reflect a bias. 

Second - You have mistaken the COPA Act and the COPPA Act. Most informed people in this area know the Child Online Privacy Protection Act(COPPA)  prohibits requesting information from children under 12. It was not challenged by the ACLU and is a pretty good thing.

Third - You apparently didn't read the part of our proposal where we say only the top 2,000 generic non-trademarked names will go to the charity auction

Lastly, we respect the rights of all parents to guide their children to what they feel are appropriate websites, we are not making people choose .kids, just providing an option. Those who wish, can get all the sex, drugs and other options in the .com world, unrestrcited.

To summarize, .KIDS Domains is the only applicant for a restricted domain name .kids. The other three have no restrictions on the content or names that can be reserved.

Page Howe
Chairman
.Kids Domains

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy