Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wat
Date/Time: Fri, November 3, 2000 at 12:28 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: kids

I strongly support the proposed .kids domain. Today's children are bombarded daily with inappropriate material that serves only to confuse them and direct them away from the natural innocence of their youth. I'm not a big advocate of "big brother" telling me what I should see and be exposed to, however the children are different. They need the protection of caring adults to help their moms and dads in the difficult task of trying to raise kids in a society apparently hung up on sex and violence. Clearly this is not a new phenomenum, but in this new world of fast communication we need new answers to meet the level of availability of junk to the most innocent among us.In effect, we do need to act like big brothers, in the best meaning of the word. Big brothers watch out for and protect their little brothers and sisters and in doing so help both the little ones and their parents. The time has come for all of us to look to and accept the real responsibilities of living in a civilized society, and start by protecting the most in need among us, our children.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy