Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 24, 2000 at 1:38 AM GMT
||AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
||Where's the Competition?
Melbourne IT was one of the
first 5 testbed registrars, and it would be a mockery of the process if they were
to be allowed to get in
early again using Neustar and taking .web from IOD
have you seen this...
All but 4 applications have been posted.
Of those posted,
let's look at the relationships among the established
market players, which includes
the two who are trying to take .Web from Image Online Design.
Afilias has a registry
run by Tucows. Tucows is also the registry for .tel (NumberTel), .kids (The .Kids
Domain), and .dir (Novell). Afilias is also comprised of a number of registrars,
including register.com, who is also running the registry for the .pro application.
Afilias also has CORE as a member, who has applied themselves for .nom.
is also joined by NSI, which, through its registry operation, is running the registry
for the proposed .kids/.xxx (ICM) application.
CORE is also the registry of choice
for .post, .museum, and .health. They also run the registry for a .biz application
by iDomains. iDomains is owned by Hal Lubson, who also owns Domain Bank. Domain Bank
is member of Afilias. Additionally, iDomains also has a Vice President by the name
of Ken Stubbs, who is also the chair of CORE, the chair of the ICANN names council,
and a board member of Afilias. Another Afilias board member, Paul Kane, is also a
member of the ICANN names council.
Melbourne IT is also a member of CORE (part
of Afilias). They, in their joint venture, JVTeam, have submitted three separate
applications for .per, .biz and .web. JVTeam, however, is also the registry of record
for the .travel and .geo applications. Melbourne IT is, by themselves, also named
as the registry for the BlueHill application for .kids.
That means that this group
is responsible for SEVENTEEN APPLICATIONS, 39%,or MORE THAN ONE-THIRD of ALL APPLICATIONS!
(presuming that they have nothing at all to do with the 4 applications still not
Hello? MORE THAN ONE THIRD?
And, if you include applications by country
code operators, you'll see the .TV is proposing .pro and .nom, and is also involved
in the .kids/.xxx (ICM)application. .MD is also involved in the application for .law.
include applications by or having participating ICANN registrars, and you add .mall
(Computer Analytical Systems is a registrar) and .firm (EastComm is a registrar).
adds 5 more, making a total of 22 out of the 44 applications, or 50% of all applications!
right, HALF OF ALL REGISTRATIONS are by ESTABLISHED PLAYERS!
This is competition?!
- .ads, etc. Application by Name.Space, Incorporated Moderator, October 7 @ 10:39 PM (65/177)
- Support for Name.Space and IOD S. Hudgens, November 5 @ 11:44 PM (0/0)
- Final Word To ICANN: Name-Space & IOD Eliahu, November 5 @ 8:19 PM (1/1)
- Say YES! to IOD and Name Space first1, November 5 @ 3:43 PM (0/0)
- I support .SHOP for Name.Space netizen1, November 5 @ 5:41 AM (0/0)
- I PROTEST AGAINST THAT FORUM SYSTEM jefsey, November 5 @ 4:01 AM (1/1)
- ICANN Bribery? jtrade, November 5 @ 3:55 AM (0/0)
- Domains already "registered" at Name.Space zgyeo, November 5 @ 2:47 AM (2/4)
- "Dirt in The Domain Name Game" jtrade, November 5 @ 12:11 AM (0/0)
- They are great prissyfit, November 4 @ 1:32 PM (0/0)
- Name Space Inc. Application The Walt Disney Company, November 3 @ 11:29 PM (2/7)
- Top Level Domains seanjason, November 3 @ 8:53 PM (0/0)
- Support for Name.Space and .shop S. Hudgens, November 3 @ 4:33 PM (0/0)
- Support Name Space daimonic, November 3 @ 8:03 AM (0/0)
- Do you know why NAME-SPACE'S .SHOP is best? webcafe, November 3 @ 1:47 AM (0/0)
- Support for Name.Space application URLMerchant, November 3 @ 1:47 AM (1/1)
- Let's hope the ICANN doesn't approve too many of these! ipguy, November 3 @ 12:38 AM (0/0)
- .games tld mevans, November 2 @ 8:19 PM (0/0)
- I DO NOT AGREE NAME.SPACE IS NOT BEST FOR .SHOP Talmage, November 2 @ 3:18 PM (0/0)
- I support Name-Space jtrade, November 1 @ 10:02 PM (2/3)
- Unexplored, Inc. Urges Acceptance of .Shop Registrations by Name-Space Unexplored, November 1 @ 9:43 PM (0/0)
- NAME-SPACE'S .SHOP IS NOT THE BEST .SHOP Talmage, November 1 @ 2:24 PM (1/1)
- Yes to .SHOP by NAME-SPACE ! arts Lee, November 1 @ 6:58 AM (0/0)
- VOTE to .SHOP by NAME-SPACE net, November 1 @ 6:45 AM (0/0)
- New Tld's and ICANN Conflict of Interest? jtrade, November 1 @ 2:20 AM (0/0)
- Yes to .ART by NameSpace cello, October 30 @ 6:45 AM (0/0)
- Yes to Name Space: common sense, democracy, free market Ivo, October 30 @ 1:52 AM (0/0)
- Preregistrations allowed with NSI!!!! C.Bell, October 30 @ 1:46 AM (0/0)
- Hurray for Name Space pdr, October 29 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- ICANN say yes to Namespace noisefactor, October 29 @ 3:06 PM (0/0)
- yes to Name.Space fly, October 29 @ 2:35 AM (0/0)
- I support name.space patty, October 28 @ 7:18 PM (0/0)
- NEED FOT MORE AND MORE TLD'S ajay, October 28 @ 8:49 AM (0/0)
- "Beware the ICANN Board Squatters" jtrade, October 27 @ 7:25 PM (0/0)
- Beware of capitalist-speak Melvin Q. Watchpocket, October 27 @ 3:21 AM (0/0)
- fails completely squish, October 26 @ 1:30 PM (2/6)
- TO ICANN board members, staff, and applicants (including NAMESPACE)......WHERE ARE YOU???? Gregory W. Krajewski, October 26 @ 4:22 AM (1/2)
- give pioneers a chance - vote for namespace and IOD - Interview about ICANN - president Ether Dyser ted, October 25 @ 11:21 PM (1/3)
- NameSpace peniel, October 25 @ 10:48 PM (0/0)
- Can I register .web now Anili, October 25 @ 2:15 PM (1/1)
- : ( World Thoughts, October 25 @ 8:26 AM (0/0)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:49 AM (2/4)
- Comments Perios Must be Extended Even Longer! jtrade, October 25 @ 3:29 AM (0/0)
- YES to .magic by Name.Space Igor, October 25 @ 1:00 AM (0/0)
- More Than One ChrisT, October 24 @ 3:22 PM (0/0)
- Vote Yes to Name.Space Joe Trip, October 24 @ 1:29 PM (0/0)
- Where's the Competition? jtrade, October 24 @ 1:38 AM (0/0)
- YES to .lab labdir, October 23 @ 2:38 PM (0/0)
- What needs our future internet - pioneers like namespace or IOD - or monopolies ? whats your mind ? ted, October 23 @ 6:39 AM (0/0)
- Name-space Application for dot shop !! grimnaru, October 23 @ 2:16 AM (4/17)
- Comments about ICANN New TLD process - Is anything being done about it? ALLDNS, October 22 @ 11:08 PM (0/0)
- Pioneer Preference cambler, October 22 @ 8:04 PM (4/22)
- newbie: Please help - domain chanceled Guaranie, October 22 @ 9:58 AM (0/0)
- Moderator - Consider placing General Comments at top of Forum ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:22 AM (1/2)
- Where is due process and the standards in all of this? ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:06 AM (1/1)
- Where are the rules? ALLDNS, October 22 @ 2:15 AM (0/0)
- ***GENERAL COMMENTS AT BOTTOM OF FORUM***GENERAL COMMENTS AT BOTTOM OF FORUM*** Facilitator, October 22 @ 1:47 AM (1/1)
- .ads domains kh, October 21 @ 11:22 PM (0/0)
- Namespace Application sjk, October 19 @ 7:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:40 PM (1/1)
- Reservations about Name.Space Korskarn, October 15 @ 1:39 PM (1/1)
- Greed by Name.Space hoffy, October 14 @ 11:34 PM (3/6)
- TO THE ICANN BOARD MEMBERS: Dot/IOD Supporters are getting organized...We are building a website!! Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 6:57 PM (0/0)
- What is the Name.Space intent? marshm, October 14 @ 3:06 AM (1/1)
- Name-Space Application for .Shop and IODesign Application for .Web Attorney, October 14 @ 1:43 AM (5/12)
- Moderator: Please correct error in TLD description. Name.Space, October 14 @ 12:38 AM (2/14)