Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Igor
Date/Time: Wed, October 25, 2000 at 1:00 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.72 using Macintosh PowerPC
Score: 5
Subject: YES to .magic by Name.Space

Dear ICANN associate,

I fully support all the efforts by Name.Space, inc to achieve global recognition of new Generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs).

I believe that there is strong demand by the public for a large variety of gTLDs that support the needs of culture, commerce and community.

The gTLDs serve a valuable cultural and/or business purpose. For example, I am a professional magician. As such I am a part of the world’s magician’s community and a member of all the major magician’s organizations in the world. There is a strong interest in magic and in the past few years it has become a booming industry. One has to just flip through a magician’s trade magazine to see how developed this industry has become in the past few years.

In 1999 I registered a new gTLD called .magic. I have also bought four domain names to eventually build sites. My most popular site is cardshark.magic, which you may access at the present time at http://carshark.magic.xs2.net.

Another site I am currently building is 411.magic, which may be accessed at http://411.magic.xs2.net. This will be a web directory for magic related sites on the .magic gTLD, once it becomes fully functional. Magicians will no longer have to search the entire world wide web for specific magic related sites, instead they will use the 411.magic directory to for specific sites in the .magic gTLD.

I believe that the introduction of new gTLDs is an inevitable and logical evolution of the net and I strongly believe that it is just a matter of time when they will become common, widely accepted TLDs.

Please approve Name.Space’s application for gTLDs, as many happy Name.Space customers around the world embrace their efforts.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Igor

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy