Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: seanjason
Date/Time: Fri, November 3, 2000 at 8:53 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: Top Level Domains

I would like to include the following letter that Rep. Lois Capps sent to Mr. Michael Roberts of ICANN on 10/24/2000.

October 24, 2000

Mr. Michael M. Roberts
Internet Corporation for Assigned
4676 Adminralty Way, Suite 330
Marina Del Rey, California 90292

Dear Mr. Roberts:

I am writing in regards to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) interest in encouraging and supporting methods to add and protect Top Level Domains (TLD).

As you know, Image Online Design, Inc. has filed a formal application with your agency to become a new TLD.  I am hopeful that Image Online Design, Inc. is recognized as a new ICANN TLD oprator as soon as possible.  In 1996, the Internet Assigned Numbering Authority permitted Image Online Design, Inc. to develop the .Web registry as a "proof-of-concept," before it would be available to the general populace of the Internet community, acquiring 18,000.Web registrations.

Over the past five years, Image Online Design, Inc. has a proven track record of managing a technically efficient and highly stable registry.  They have made several innovations to the company, including allowing customers to update and edit their registry information, making new registrants fully operational 10 minutes after they register with .Web, and a system for preventing domain name hijacking.

I urge your approval of Image Online Design Inc.'s application for a .Web registry, consistent with all relevant rules and regulations.  Thank you for rising to the challenge to formulate a uniform policy to issue domain names, in a fair and prudent manner.

Once again, thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Sincerely

LOIS CAPPS
Member of Congress

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy