Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 10:57 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
||Generally, but Name space in particular
I think we've got to go back to first principles if we look at TLD's.|
it is in my view inevitable that every person, and every corporate or business, will
have their own, unique, identifier, to be linked to the only online function which
requires identity. ie e-payment.
So we need dot id (say) for individuals and dot
co (say) for corporates/businesses.
Secondly, I believe that all non commercial
sites should continue to use the current TLD conventions.
The innovation I have
in mind, and hence my objection to Net Space's attempt to appropriate it, relates
to "dot market".
Like the internet, markets are not and can never be proprietary,
one of the underlying tenets of regulators/anti trust being to combat "market abuse";
"market manipulation" and so on from the Microsoft actions down.
is as follows.
Create public utility portals - eg cocoa.market or cocoa.mkt.
Create a user group of market participants linked by one common function - the ability
to enter into paperless contracts through whatever Exchange or ecn happened to operate
in the cocoa market.
Provide users with infrastructure such as market access via
a market specific network; market data; billing systems and software; market-specific
payment; a market-specific title registry and so on all provided by a neutral "market
service provider". The MSP would be a consortium with (say) a four year contract
after which further consortia could bid.
The cocoa market user group would constitute
a wholesale market regulator with global reach, able to keep out crooks, defaulters
and so on.
This model essentially takes markets away from proprietary interests
and empowers users generally.
Only a concept, but a powerful one which is seriously
interesting some very big players.
So no dot market please, Name Space, markets
belong to everyone not you.
- .ads, etc. Application by Name.Space, Incorporated Moderator, October 7 @ 10:39 PM (65/177)
- Support for Name.Space and IOD S. Hudgens, November 5 @ 11:44 PM (0/0)
- Final Word To ICANN: Name-Space & IOD Eliahu, November 5 @ 8:19 PM (1/1)
- Say YES! to IOD and Name Space first1, November 5 @ 3:43 PM (0/0)
- I support .SHOP for Name.Space netizen1, November 5 @ 5:41 AM (0/0)
- I PROTEST AGAINST THAT FORUM SYSTEM jefsey, November 5 @ 4:01 AM (1/1)
- ICANN Bribery? jtrade, November 5 @ 3:55 AM (0/0)
- Domains already "registered" at Name.Space zgyeo, November 5 @ 2:47 AM (2/4)
- "Dirt in The Domain Name Game" jtrade, November 5 @ 12:11 AM (0/0)
- They are great prissyfit, November 4 @ 1:32 PM (0/0)
- Name Space Inc. Application The Walt Disney Company, November 3 @ 11:29 PM (2/7)
- Top Level Domains seanjason, November 3 @ 8:53 PM (0/0)
- Support for Name.Space and .shop S. Hudgens, November 3 @ 4:33 PM (0/0)
- Support Name Space daimonic, November 3 @ 8:03 AM (0/0)
- Do you know why NAME-SPACE'S .SHOP is best? webcafe, November 3 @ 1:47 AM (0/0)
- Support for Name.Space application URLMerchant, November 3 @ 1:47 AM (1/1)
- Let's hope the ICANN doesn't approve too many of these! ipguy, November 3 @ 12:38 AM (0/0)
- .games tld mevans, November 2 @ 8:19 PM (0/0)
- I DO NOT AGREE NAME.SPACE IS NOT BEST FOR .SHOP Talmage, November 2 @ 3:18 PM (0/0)
- I support Name-Space jtrade, November 1 @ 10:02 PM (2/3)
- Unexplored, Inc. Urges Acceptance of .Shop Registrations by Name-Space Unexplored, November 1 @ 9:43 PM (0/0)
- NAME-SPACE'S .SHOP IS NOT THE BEST .SHOP Talmage, November 1 @ 2:24 PM (1/1)
- Yes to .SHOP by NAME-SPACE ! arts Lee, November 1 @ 6:58 AM (0/0)
- VOTE to .SHOP by NAME-SPACE net, November 1 @ 6:45 AM (0/0)
- New Tld's and ICANN Conflict of Interest? jtrade, November 1 @ 2:20 AM (0/0)
- Yes to .ART by NameSpace cello, October 30 @ 6:45 AM (0/0)
- Yes to Name Space: common sense, democracy, free market Ivo, October 30 @ 1:52 AM (0/0)
- Preregistrations allowed with NSI!!!! C.Bell, October 30 @ 1:46 AM (0/0)
- Hurray for Name Space pdr, October 29 @ 7:52 PM (0/0)
- ICANN say yes to Namespace noisefactor, October 29 @ 3:06 PM (0/0)
- yes to Name.Space fly, October 29 @ 2:35 AM (0/0)
- I support name.space patty, October 28 @ 7:18 PM (0/0)
- NEED FOT MORE AND MORE TLD'S ajay, October 28 @ 8:49 AM (0/0)
- "Beware the ICANN Board Squatters" jtrade, October 27 @ 7:25 PM (0/0)
- Beware of capitalist-speak Melvin Q. Watchpocket, October 27 @ 3:21 AM (0/0)
- fails completely squish, October 26 @ 1:30 PM (2/6)
- TO ICANN board members, staff, and applicants (including NAMESPACE)......WHERE ARE YOU???? Gregory W. Krajewski, October 26 @ 4:22 AM (1/2)
- give pioneers a chance - vote for namespace and IOD - Interview about ICANN - president Ether Dyser ted, October 25 @ 11:21 PM (1/3)
- Generally, but Name space in particular cojock, October 27 @ 10:57 PM (1/2)
- NameSpace peniel, October 25 @ 10:48 PM (0/0)
- Can I register .web now Anili, October 25 @ 2:15 PM (1/1)
- : ( World Thoughts, October 25 @ 8:26 AM (0/0)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:49 AM (2/4)
- Comments Perios Must be Extended Even Longer! jtrade, October 25 @ 3:29 AM (0/0)
- YES to .magic by Name.Space Igor, October 25 @ 1:00 AM (0/0)
- More Than One ChrisT, October 24 @ 3:22 PM (0/0)
- Vote Yes to Name.Space Joe Trip, October 24 @ 1:29 PM (0/0)
- Where's the Competition? jtrade, October 24 @ 1:38 AM (0/0)
- YES to .lab labdir, October 23 @ 2:38 PM (0/0)
- What needs our future internet - pioneers like namespace or IOD - or monopolies ? whats your mind ? ted, October 23 @ 6:39 AM (0/0)
- Name-space Application for dot shop !! grimnaru, October 23 @ 2:16 AM (4/17)
- Comments about ICANN New TLD process - Is anything being done about it? ALLDNS, October 22 @ 11:08 PM (0/0)
- Pioneer Preference cambler, October 22 @ 8:04 PM (4/22)
- newbie: Please help - domain chanceled Guaranie, October 22 @ 9:58 AM (0/0)
- Moderator - Consider placing General Comments at top of Forum ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:22 AM (1/2)
- Where is due process and the standards in all of this? ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:06 AM (1/1)
- Where are the rules? ALLDNS, October 22 @ 2:15 AM (0/0)
- ***GENERAL COMMENTS AT BOTTOM OF FORUM***GENERAL COMMENTS AT BOTTOM OF FORUM*** Facilitator, October 22 @ 1:47 AM (1/1)
- .ads domains kh, October 21 @ 11:22 PM (0/0)
- Namespace Application sjk, October 19 @ 7:07 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:40 PM (1/1)
- Reservations about Name.Space Korskarn, October 15 @ 1:39 PM (1/1)
- Greed by Name.Space hoffy, October 14 @ 11:34 PM (3/6)
- TO THE ICANN BOARD MEMBERS: Dot/IOD Supporters are getting organized...We are building a website!! Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 6:57 PM (0/0)
- What is the Name.Space intent? marshm, October 14 @ 3:06 AM (1/1)
- Name-Space Application for .Shop and IODesign Application for .Web Attorney, October 14 @ 1:43 AM (5/12)
- Moderator: Please correct error in TLD description. Name.Space, October 14 @ 12:38 AM (2/14)