Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Tue, October 24, 2000 at 1:39 AM GMT
||AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
||Where's the Competition?
Melbourne IT was one of the
first 5 testbed registrars, and it would be a mockery of the process if they were
to be allowed to get in
early again using Neustar and taking .web from IOD
have you seen this...
All but 4 applications have been posted.
Of those posted,
let's look at the relationships among the established
market players, which includes
the two who are trying to take .Web from Image Online Design.
Afilias has a registry
run by Tucows. Tucows is also the registry for .tel (NumberTel), .kids (The .Kids
Domain), and .dir (Novell). Afilias is also comprised of a number of registrars,
including register.com, who is also running the registry for the .pro application.
Afilias also has CORE as a member, who has applied themselves for .nom.
is also joined by NSI, which, through its registry operation, is running the registry
for the proposed .kids/.xxx (ICM) application.
CORE is also the registry of choice
for .post, .museum, and .health. They also run the registry for a .biz application
by iDomains. iDomains is owned by Hal Lubson, who also owns Domain Bank. Domain Bank
is member of Afilias. Additionally, iDomains also has a Vice President by the name
of Ken Stubbs, who is also the chair of CORE, the chair of the ICANN names council,
and a board member of Afilias. Another Afilias board member, Paul Kane, is also a
member of the ICANN names council.
Melbourne IT is also a member of CORE (part
of Afilias). They, in their joint venture, JVTeam, have submitted three separate
applications for .per, .biz and .web. JVTeam, however, is also the registry of record
for the .travel and .geo applications. Melbourne IT is, by themselves, also named
as the registry for the BlueHill application for .kids.
That means that this group
is responsible for SEVENTEEN APPLICATIONS, 39%,or MORE THAN ONE-THIRD of ALL APPLICATIONS!
(presuming that they have nothing at all to do with the 4 applications still not
Hello? MORE THAN ONE THIRD?
And, if you include applications by country
code operators, you'll see the .TV is proposing .pro and .nom, and is also involved
in the .kids/.xxx (ICM)application. .MD is also involved in the application for .law.
include applications by or having participating ICANN registrars, and you add .mall
(Computer Analytical Systems is a registrar) and .firm (EastComm is a registrar).
adds 5 more, making a total of 22 out of the 44 applications, or 50% of all applications!
right, HALF OF ALL REGISTRATIONS are by ESTABLISHED PLAYERS!
This is competition?!
- .info, etc. Application by Afilias, LLC Moderator, October 7 @ 10:21 PM (57/145)
- Afilias must WAIT! first1, November 5 @ 3:45 PM (0/0)
- ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness fabrcop, November 5 @ 10:06 AM (0/0)
- .info to Afilias & .web to IODesign H, November 3 @ 11:12 PM (1/1)
- VOTE YES to .WEB, YES to .SITE but NO to AFILIAS Anthony 2nd, November 3 @ 8:52 PM (1/1)
- ......Regarding .WEB: Vote YES to Image Online Design // Vote NO to Afilias ! icann_, November 1 @ 11:31 PM (0/0)
- Regarding .WEB: Vote YES to Image Online Design // Vote NO to Afilias y2k, November 1 @ 11:21 PM (0/0)
- ....Regarding .WEB: Vote NO to Afilias // Vote YES to Image Online Design ! y2k, November 1 @ 10:47 PM (0/0)
- ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world! fabrcop, October 30 @ 9:10 PM (0/0)
- ZDNet picks up the Meeks Article vdfman, October 26 @ 3:56 PM (0/0)
- Don't change the RRP right now mikel5, October 26 @ 2:31 PM (0/0)
- Tell it like it is! Moderator? first1, October 26 @ 12:09 AM (2/2)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:54 AM (1/2)
- Read This About NSI, For Perspective On Afilias Application pilot2, October 24 @ 11:41 PM (0/0)
- Where's the Competition? jtrade, October 24 @ 1:39 AM (0/0)
- Why the moderator does not have a real name ?? debug, October 24 @ 1:22 AM (0/0)
- NSI Cybersquatting jtrade, October 23 @ 10:11 PM (0/0)
- The last thing you want Say_No_To_Afilias, October 23 @ 5:06 AM (0/0)
- Tucows and Register.com submit letter expressing concern over Agreements between ICANN/NSI Gregory W. Krajewski, October 22 @ 11:19 PM (1/2)
- SAY NO TO .WEB SayNoToIOD, October 22 @ 5:44 PM (4/10)
- Doesn't anyone find it odd that. . . World Thoughts, October 22 @ 2:47 PM (2/3)
- Afilias - open and fair gpine, October 21 @ 8:17 AM (2/3)
- Sherman & Clayton Antitrust Acts & Afilias Merlin, October 21 @ 3:54 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:10 PM (1/2)
- .web concerns David Coombs, October 17 @ 6:14 PM (1/1)
- Comments about Network Solutions....from another board (verifying what we are saying ICANN) Gregory W. Krajewski, October 17 @ 5:32 PM (0/0)
- 500,000 Domains Stolen By Trademark? Holders During Sunrise Period enforcer, October 17 @ 8:35 AM (0/0)
- AFILIAS.TV!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:22 AM (0/0)
- SAY NO TO AFILIAS and YES TO IOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IOD is the future of the internet!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:19 AM (0/0)
- Image Online Design should get .web martindali, October 16 @ 10:48 PM (1/2)
- Vote NO to Afilias joanna lane, October 16 @ 10:30 PM (1/3)
- KEN STUBBS - CONFLICT OF INTEREST! md, October 16 @ 10:10 PM (0/0)
- Fuzzy looking numbers Ray, October 16 @ 4:36 AM (2/5)
- Afilias should have changed their name to>>> Merlin, October 16 @ 12:58 AM (0/0)
- Toubling Aspects Of Afilias Application Mr. Lawrence, October 15 @ 8:17 PM (1/2)
- Has the creation of AFILIAS been approved by respective authorities having supervision of cartels? friedrich, October 15 @ 5:03 PM (0/0)
- FORGET THIS EMOTIONAL RHETORIC -- LETS LOOK AT THE FACTS TRUTH BE TOLD, October 15 @ 10:37 AM (3/3)
- Ken Stubs - Insider TheWebster, October 15 @ 9:38 AM (0/0)
- THIS APPLICATION IS BAD FOR YOU, AND THE INTERNET Frank S., October 15 @ 1:56 AM (2/3)
- I support Afilias and registered Afilias.web today! Stoertebeker, October 14 @ 9:09 PM (1/1)
- TO ICANN BOARD MEMBERS: Dot WEB/IOD Supporters are getting organized...Building a website!! Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 7:02 PM (1/7)
- ICANN SCAMMED OUT OF ($950,000) BY AFILIAS CARTEL! AdvantaTel, October 14 @ 6:43 PM (0/0)
- CORE first1, October 14 @ 6:11 PM (1/1)
- KEN STUBS TESTIMONY first1, October 14 @ 5:31 PM (0/0)
- More (illegal) Domain Name hoarding by NSI (=Afilias)? Rebeka, October 14 @ 4:42 PM (0/0)
- Can Afilias Really Execute??? TheWebster, October 14 @ 7:07 AM (0/0)
- WOAH!! WOAH!! WOAH!! Can someone please verify this. cgrady, October 14 @ 7:01 AM (3/4)
- Sunrise Period and Afilias is Bad News!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merlin, October 14 @ 5:12 AM (1/1)
- TO ICANN BOARD MEMBERS: Afilia.net is a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 5:09 AM (0/0)
- TUCOWS has Sold Out! Merlin, October 14 @ 4:51 AM (1/1)
- DOT WEB will be tied up in court and new bid process for years dsigala, October 14 @ 3:47 AM (3/11)
- Ken Stubbs & Conflict of Interest Policy RDM, October 14 @ 3:05 AM (3/6)
- TO The ICANN Board Members Gregory W. Krajewski, October 13 @ 11:44 PM (1/1)
- Afilias, A New Cartel! AdvantaTel, October 13 @ 9:11 PM (0/0)
- Internet Stability? Ray, October 13 @ 9:09 PM (0/0)
- Afilias.TV - Is this their new web site?? spewtlds, October 13 @ 8:16 PM (2/2)
- Anti-Trust Concerns Merlin, October 13 @ 8:02 PM (1/1)
- Ken Stubbs and the Conflict of Interest Merlin, October 13 @ 7:42 PM (3/6)