Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, November 5, 2000 at 10:06 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 95
||ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness
ICANN, you know that the perfect choice is:|
to IODesign ;
.info to Afilias ;
.site to Neustar ;
1) fair for
2) it solves the problem to choose from different applications;
it increases competition on these main generic TLDs,
that are the
most popular ones according to surveys.
IODesign focused on one TLD only (.web)
has mantained a .web registry for 4 years,
since IANA started to consider to add
Everybody knows that IODesign is the fair and right choice for .web .
Afilias and Neustar know this: actually on their applications
they included alternative
About IOD's .web registrations taken since 1996:
against "pre-registrations" should not affect
IOD's registrations: actually IODesign's
is UNIQUE, SPECIAL and DIFFERENT from other applicants!
In 1996 IANA
gave a permission to take .web registrations
and to collect fees for this.
may argue that ICANN's process for creating new TLDs
is different from early IANA's
However, this can't cancel IOD's history and merits in this
This is a particular situation that should awarded
rather than penalized!
be an *authorized* pioneer can't be considered a fault!
IODesign acted in good
faith since 1996.
Their .web registrations were necessary to test the functionality
the .web registry and allowed IODesign to collect money to run
and maintain it
and eventually to file the application to
ICANN for .web (this is clearly stated
on webtld.com :
fees are non refundable and needed to support and mantain the
I think that IODesign and .web registrants are a single entity:
would not have survived without support by so
many registrants. The registrations
taken so far are real contracts
and can't be wiped out. Remember that Network
.com pre-registrations in 1993 and then they become real domains.
it make sense to ask for their cancellation at this time?!
After 4 years of patience
and hard work focused on .web,
IODesign should be rewarded by ICANN,
as it was rewarded by so many Internet users
in the world, that consider .web
as a product by IOD.
Actually IOD's registry is the NATURAL
EXPRESSION of the
Internet users' WILL.
Please notice that it is not true that
IOD because they registered .web domains
and they want to get them".
"People saw that IOD was the natural choice for .web
so they registered
.web domains in good faith".
IOD's .web registry is *ready* and it can
into the A-root server soon, after a short blackout period
for protecting trademarks
(you can read this on IODesign's application).
No Sunrise Period is really needed.
you know that this is the perfect choice!
Thanks for listening.
ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world
can be protected WITHOUT a Sunrise Period! (New TLDs are needed SOON)
truth about .web
||ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world
- .info, etc. Application by Afilias, LLC Moderator, October 7 @ 10:21 PM (57/145)
- Afilias must WAIT! first1, November 5 @ 3:45 PM (0/0)
- ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness fabrcop, November 5 @ 10:06 AM (0/0)
- .info to Afilias & .web to IODesign H, November 3 @ 11:12 PM (1/1)
- VOTE YES to .WEB, YES to .SITE but NO to AFILIAS Anthony 2nd, November 3 @ 8:52 PM (1/1)
- ......Regarding .WEB: Vote YES to Image Online Design // Vote NO to Afilias ! icann_, November 1 @ 11:31 PM (0/0)
- Regarding .WEB: Vote YES to Image Online Design // Vote NO to Afilias y2k, November 1 @ 11:21 PM (0/0)
- ....Regarding .WEB: Vote NO to Afilias // Vote YES to Image Online Design ! y2k, November 1 @ 10:47 PM (0/0)
- ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world! fabrcop, October 30 @ 9:10 PM (0/0)
- ZDNet picks up the Meeks Article vdfman, October 26 @ 3:56 PM (0/0)
- Don't change the RRP right now mikel5, October 26 @ 2:31 PM (0/0)
- Tell it like it is! Moderator? first1, October 26 @ 12:09 AM (2/2)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:54 AM (1/2)
- Read This About NSI, For Perspective On Afilias Application pilot2, October 24 @ 11:41 PM (0/0)
- Where's the Competition? jtrade, October 24 @ 1:39 AM (0/0)
- Why the moderator does not have a real name ?? debug, October 24 @ 1:22 AM (0/0)
- NSI Cybersquatting jtrade, October 23 @ 10:11 PM (0/0)
- The last thing you want Say_No_To_Afilias, October 23 @ 5:06 AM (0/0)
- Tucows and Register.com submit letter expressing concern over Agreements between ICANN/NSI Gregory W. Krajewski, October 22 @ 11:19 PM (1/2)
- SAY NO TO .WEB SayNoToIOD, October 22 @ 5:44 PM (4/10)
- Doesn't anyone find it odd that. . . World Thoughts, October 22 @ 2:47 PM (2/3)
- Afilias - open and fair gpine, October 21 @ 8:17 AM (2/3)
- Sherman & Clayton Antitrust Acts & Afilias Merlin, October 21 @ 3:54 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:10 PM (1/2)
- .web concerns David Coombs, October 17 @ 6:14 PM (1/1)
- Comments about Network Solutions....from another board (verifying what we are saying ICANN) Gregory W. Krajewski, October 17 @ 5:32 PM (0/0)
- 500,000 Domains Stolen By Trademark? Holders During Sunrise Period enforcer, October 17 @ 8:35 AM (0/0)
- AFILIAS.TV!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:22 AM (0/0)
- SAY NO TO AFILIAS and YES TO IOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IOD is the future of the internet!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:19 AM (0/0)
- Image Online Design should get .web martindali, October 16 @ 10:48 PM (1/2)
- Vote NO to Afilias joanna lane, October 16 @ 10:30 PM (1/3)
- KEN STUBBS - CONFLICT OF INTEREST! md, October 16 @ 10:10 PM (0/0)
- Fuzzy looking numbers Ray, October 16 @ 4:36 AM (2/5)
- Afilias should have changed their name to>>> Merlin, October 16 @ 12:58 AM (0/0)
- Toubling Aspects Of Afilias Application Mr. Lawrence, October 15 @ 8:17 PM (1/2)
- Has the creation of AFILIAS been approved by respective authorities having supervision of cartels? friedrich, October 15 @ 5:03 PM (0/0)
- FORGET THIS EMOTIONAL RHETORIC -- LETS LOOK AT THE FACTS TRUTH BE TOLD, October 15 @ 10:37 AM (3/3)
- Ken Stubs - Insider TheWebster, October 15 @ 9:38 AM (0/0)
- THIS APPLICATION IS BAD FOR YOU, AND THE INTERNET Frank S., October 15 @ 1:56 AM (2/3)
- I support Afilias and registered Afilias.web today! Stoertebeker, October 14 @ 9:09 PM (1/1)
- TO ICANN BOARD MEMBERS: Dot WEB/IOD Supporters are getting organized...Building a website!! Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 7:02 PM (1/7)
- ICANN SCAMMED OUT OF ($950,000) BY AFILIAS CARTEL! AdvantaTel, October 14 @ 6:43 PM (0/0)
- CORE first1, October 14 @ 6:11 PM (1/1)
- KEN STUBS TESTIMONY first1, October 14 @ 5:31 PM (0/0)
- More (illegal) Domain Name hoarding by NSI (=Afilias)? Rebeka, October 14 @ 4:42 PM (0/0)
- Can Afilias Really Execute??? TheWebster, October 14 @ 7:07 AM (0/0)
- WOAH!! WOAH!! WOAH!! Can someone please verify this. cgrady, October 14 @ 7:01 AM (3/4)
- Sunrise Period and Afilias is Bad News!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merlin, October 14 @ 5:12 AM (1/1)
- TO ICANN BOARD MEMBERS: Afilia.net is a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 5:09 AM (0/0)
- TUCOWS has Sold Out! Merlin, October 14 @ 4:51 AM (1/1)
- DOT WEB will be tied up in court and new bid process for years dsigala, October 14 @ 3:47 AM (3/11)
- Ken Stubbs & Conflict of Interest Policy RDM, October 14 @ 3:05 AM (3/6)
- TO The ICANN Board Members Gregory W. Krajewski, October 13 @ 11:44 PM (1/1)
- Afilias, A New Cartel! AdvantaTel, October 13 @ 9:11 PM (0/0)
- Internet Stability? Ray, October 13 @ 9:09 PM (0/0)
- Afilias.TV - Is this their new web site?? spewtlds, October 13 @ 8:16 PM (2/2)
- Anti-Trust Concerns Merlin, October 13 @ 8:02 PM (1/1)
- Ken Stubbs and the Conflict of Interest Merlin, October 13 @ 7:42 PM (3/6)