Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Merlin
Date/Time: Sat, October 14, 2000 at 10:48 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.08 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: TO ICANN:

I think you can see a broad base of support for Image Online and  .Web and in some respects I hope I  can speak for most of the .Web registrants when I say perhaps a bit of an apology is in order as it relates to some of the tone of the argument but you must understand the frustration many of the .Web registrants have. They have been patient and fighting an uphill battle for 4-5 years. We also view the Afilias proposal as an affront to the process. Put yourselves in our shoes for a moment and then I think you can understand.
What is right must inevitably happen.
Look at Yugoslavia as an example. They never have given up and democracy is finally at their doorstep. In this case you have 20,000 valid registrations and growing representing 98 countries whose voice must be heard loud and clear. We represent the spirit of  what you deem to be the Internet community.

Do the right thing and award IOD and it's registrants access to the A root server and I am confident that you will be viewed as having wisdom, fairness and sound judgment.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy