Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Tue, October 24, 2000 at 5:51 PM GMT (Tue, October 24, 2000 at 10:51 AM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Answer

First off, the date is a coincidence. We had not seen the names council missive until later (and this policy was in the works for a number of days beforehand).

This policy can be summed up like this: We aren't a court. We can't even play one on TV. We are a registry, and you have to take responsibility for your own actions. We'll make sure that your contact info is available to anyone who feels that you've infringed upon them, but then it's up to them to take any action. We'll do what a court tells us to do. Nothing more, nothing less. Since ICANN has instituted the UDRP, and the trademark interests appear to be comfortable with it, we've adopted it. While it's not perfect, it is what we have. We will work with ICANN to make it better, as nothing is perfect.

That's it. It really isn't anything more than it seems.

I hope this has answered your question. No honest question is out of line, and I encourage you to ask more, as you have them. That's why I'm here.

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy