Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Merlin
Date/Time: Fri, October 20, 2000 at 12:28 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.08 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN scammed out of $950,000 I agree

I found a press release put out by names secure and think it is wrong that they be allowed to join up together and weasel out of the application fee. $50,000 is a joke to these people. They claim to control 80% of the market, this is what we don't need!
ICANN, IOD is one of the few competetive choices. I also agree that if this process is open and fair then you are compelled to award .Web to IOD.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/001010/ca_namesec.html

About Afilias

Formed in September 2000, Afilias is a limited liability company formed by a consortium of nineteen ICANN-accredited Internet domain name registrars that have collectively applied to ICANN to operate an unrestricted generic top level domain name registry. In aggregate, the company's member registrars registered more than 10 million domain names in their last fiscal year, and represent approximately 80% of all active domain name registrations transacted over the last 10 years. As a group, the member registrars provide their services on a global basis, with 47% having headquarters in North America, 26% in Europe, 21% in Asia and the Pacific Rim, and 5% in the Middle East.

Afilias' member registrars include: 1stDomain.net, a division of G+D International LLC; Corporate Domains, Inc.; Domain Bank, Inc.; DomainInfo AB; DomainPeople, Inc.; Domain Registration Services; Enter-Price Multimedia AG (EPAG); Internet Council of Registrars (CORE); interQ, Inc.; Namesecure, Inc.; Netnames International Ltd; Polar Software Ltd. d/b/a Signdomains.com; Procurement Services International (Japan), Inc.; Register.com (Nasdaq:RCOM - news) ; Schlund + Partner AG; Sitename; Speednames, Inc.; Tucows.com, Inc.; Network Solutions, Inc. Registrar Operations (Nasdaq:VRSN - news).

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy