Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: frequent traveller
Date/Time: Fri, October 20, 2000 at 7:21 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.72 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: What's Your Hidden Agenda, USTAR?

Okay, just so we're clear, you're now saying that Name.Space Inc is the trusted third party that should be allowed to operate .travel, and they will do the best job of running the TLD in the public interest?      
I would be interested to know why you think they are more qualified.  When I looked at the Name.Space application, I didn't think they were even serious, and assumed they just filed in this proceeding to buy their way into a lawsuit against ICANN when they get denied. 

Or is it just that you'd like this TLD to go to "anybody but IATA" and Name.Space is the only other one who applied by the deadline?  I don't know, but I'm starting to get the feeling there's some bad blood or something between you & IATA.  I'm real sorry about that, but I don't think this is the place to vent those feelings, certainly not at the expense of the community of Internet users who want to see this proceeding used constructively to initiate and prove the viability of new concepts in restricted gTLDs that can serve as models for the future. 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy