Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: tfardell
Date/Time: Mon, October 23, 2000 at 2:19 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: Change is good

It always amazes me how people are always scared of change because they are accustomed to the status quo.  I believe the IATA proposal for a new .travel TLD is an idea whose time has come.

The web is already inundated with every conceivable party joining the dot com crowd. I am a frequent traveler and purchaser on the web, and also work in the computer field. I think that many sectors in industry should have their own TLD, especially travel which would do well to distinguish itself from the others.

Having an application process for qualification would serve two purposes: to make sure the TLD is only used for real travel enterprises, and to cut down on the cyber-squatting which has infiltrated the net.

As stated in the proposal no one would be forced to join the new TLD, so if one is happy staying on dot com then fine. But don't get upset with the spirit of innovation just because someone has taken the iniative for something new others feared or lacked the vision to persue.

Every one has the opportunity to propose new ideas and see them to fruition. I have found it is those parties that always fight change that usually get left behind.   

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy