Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: iwings
Date/Time: Thu, November 2, 2000 at 3:01 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: i wings supports IATA proposal for .Travel TLD

I WINGS, INC. supports the proposal by the International Air Transport Association (“IATA”) to sponsor a new  “.TRAVEL” Top Level Domain name.   IATA has a long history of offering necessary services to travel providers.  Ultimately these  services protect the worldwide traveling public by the monitoring of unscrupulous and unreliable carriers, travel agencies and other travel providers. We believe that this experience and IATA’s worldwide presence and prestige afford IATA an unparalleled ability and instant credibility to oversee the travel sector on the Internet.

Our company, i Wings, Inc. (“i Wings”) is an Internet-based travel service company providing the travel agency community with the ability to search instantly all available Web fares for comparison with GDS fares when seeking travel itineraries for their clients.  As such, we are very interested in how travel is marketed and sold over the Internet and the agencies’ continued ability to offer valuable service to their customers, particularly in the present climate of eroding airline commission structures and rapidly-changing technology.

We are impressed by IATA’s current and planned use of emerging technologies in all sectors of its operations.  IATA’s embrace of new technology and long-term understanding and neutral presence in the industry combine to make this international organization the best candidate to operate the “dot.travel” TLD for travel agencies, airlines and other travel-related suppliers worldwide.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy