Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: anthony
Date/Time: Sat, October 14, 2000 at 4:38 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.73 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: How right you are!

This is as true as it gets.

The few voices here with bad things to say about IOD suggest that they were mis-led. Someone here even accused them of lying about being able to register.webs.

Its a long time since I registered with them but I distincly remember being warned that a) there were no guarantees that there would ever even be any more tlds and b) that my $35 was not refundable - but it would be used to further support the internet (I forget the exact wording now).

Well here we are.

In 1996 Cris Ambler was asked to pay $1200 to IANNA for each of the applications of .web (and .www and .something else).

I recall this raised some hackles as the process had been without charge up until then.

The super customer service that they have offered since then has meant that 20,000 of us have now put our money where our mouth is.

We were told that the money would be used for a situation like this and indeed it has.

Even now, the .web registry continues to grow as more and more people have the chance to see what IOD is made of.

For those that didn't register yet, you've got more chance now of getting what you want than you're ever likely to have again.

And the service?

Its what you thought .com was going to be like before you paid them!      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy