Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: tcleland
Date/Time: Tue, October 31, 2000 at 7:39 PM GMT (Tue, October 31, 2000 at 3:39 PM AST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: I agree...

I agree.  Absent other considerations (such as the basic competence of the applicants), distribution of these three TLDs as suggested by fabrcop would serve the interests of diversification and competition among TLD vendors.  It would also have the effect of offering .web to Image Online Design, which is a longstanding and serious applicant for this TLD, as evidenced by their considerable preparation to date and their focus on a single TLD request.  I'd rather have no more than one TLD granted to a given company anyway -- more just seems like encouragement of bottom-feeding.

So I'm one of these "generic Internet users" who support IOD's application for its seriousness and quality of preparation.  I have registered a second-level domain with IOD myself -- I say this in part to reveal my own minor interest but primarily to illustrate that I put my money where my mouth is:  on a serious firm who gives every sign of running .web seriously and well once given the opportunity. 

Thom Cleland

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy