Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Wed, October 18, 2000 at 7:52 PM GMT (Wed, October 18, 2000 at 12:52 AM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Answer

Thank you for your question. To address the second point first, our registry is operational, as it has been for over four years. I'm not sure I understand your question. Perhaps you feel that the freeze means that the registry wouldn't be operational. That's not quite correct - it would still resolve, but we would freeze new applications for a period in which the trademark issues could be worked out. Rather than a "sunrise" period, which is full of problems, we have chosen to enact a process whereby we suspend new registrations for a short period during which those who feel that their trademarks are violated may bring a court or UDRP action. This period will happen immediately upon approval by ICANN, but before ICANN adds the new TLDs to the root servers. As such, there will be no operational downtime after entry into the roots.
I hope this answers your question. If I've been in any way unclear, please do let me know, and I will try to elaborate further. Please remember, however, that I am the technical lead of the company, and while I understand these policies, I may not communicate them as well as our policy officers would.

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy