Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 6:43 PM GMT (Sun, October 15, 2000 at 11:43 AM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Small Corrections from IOD

1. While you are actually wrong, this issue is rather moot right now. I encourage everyone to move on and look at the applications on their merits. What IANA did over four years ago doesn't seem to influence ICANN. ICANN has asked for comprehensive applications, and that is what Image Online Design has given them.

Let's concentrate on that rather than argue.

2. Again, Image Online Design has never claimed to be "entitled" to anything. As such, I recommend that you read our application and comment on its merits. This procedure is supposed to be objective.

3. And yet again, your argument is based on your opinion about whether Image Online Design's prior use and IANA's authorization should be counted. As I said, I'm willing to put that aside, and have our application judged on the merits. I don't think I could be any more fair than that.

4. So you've taken 4 issues to make the same point. That's a point that I'm saying we don't need to consider, if you don't think it's applicable. In other words, you win - we won't consider it.

Now, would you be so kind as to read our application and comment upon actual issues?

I would thank you by name, but you've not provided one (meaning I have no idea who you are, making these inflammatory comments).

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy