Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Tue, October 24, 2000 at 8:01 AM GMT (Tue, October 24, 2000 at 1:01 AM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Not Another Monopoly

Dear Sir (I do wish I could address you by name) -

Let me please point out 3 things to you.

1. We do not intend to become another NSI as they were as a monopoly. Our proposal calls for registrars, and a separation of our registry and registrar units.

2. We fully agree with new ICANN board member Karl Auerbach when he calls for as many new TLDs as there are qualified applicants. This, more than anything else, will remove the artificial scarcity and eliminate, as much as possible, the chances of monopolistic practices.

and finally, for what it's worth,

3. You have my personal assurance that I demand ethical behaviour in my company. You may not know me, but those who have been working with us over the past 5 years will attest that I have never allowed our company to be less than fully truthful and provide less than the best customer service possible. There are those who will say that we compete hard, and that we aren't afriad to do what it takes to protect our business and our customers - and I would agree wholeheartedly and proudly acknowledge that as a benefit.

Again, for what it's worth. Too bad the other applicants for .web don't respect the public enough to comment on this public board and answer the tough questions about their last-minute applications.

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy