Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: first1
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 12:26 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Smoke and Mirrors

I'm a small business person with a vision that was reborn when I found IOD and .web.

After countless hours searching for reasonable .com domains that would fit my plans, I settled for the leftovers and have been unhappy since.

I was forced to experience the slow, tedious process of Network Solutions procedures. They make simple things difficult.

Your darn right I have an interest in IOD. I am one of their customers and researched the company and it's claims IANA allowed them to start registering .web names before my registration.

I do have alot to loose since I will never be able to compete with the people behind the scenes at Afilias whom will hord names for themselves. If IOD is approved I would have access to My name.web, my wife's name.web, my two daughter's names.web as well as good names for businesses I am going to start If IOD is approved.

I don't usually speak up about my rights, but this time it is not just me. It's not just the 18,000 dedicated customer's of IOD.

IT IS THE FUTURE OF THE INTERNET! IT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS PERSON! IT IS MY RIGHT TO FIGHT THE INJUSTICE OF A MONOPOLY.        

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy