Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: friedrich
Date/Time: Mon, October 16, 2000 at 8:12 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN: I am waiting for answers from the respective APPLICANTS in this FORUM!

Dear ICANN   

It is not the job of ICANN to answer to all these questions.

In my opinion every applicant should have one representative in this forum to answer our questions.

I therefore strongly recommend to ICANN to contact the respective applicants an urge them to participate, because then this forum will become of more interest, even to ICANN themselves.
Otherwise this forum will simply reflect unanswered opinions of the Internet community in general.

I want to point out, that again Mr. Ambler finds himself in the role of a pioneer:
As far as I can see, he is the only representative of an application taking his time to read the contributions in this forum AND answer to questions, where necessary.

The other applicants seem to be interested only in the benefits of getting a gtld (to make money with it), but not ready to take any effort to meet the interests of the internet community.

Apart from "nicely written" applications, I personnally think that their existing or not existing answers to questions in this forum must form part of the respective applications and be included by ICANN in the immediate evaluation process of an application.

After all, this forum clearly forms part of ICANNs evaluation process, doesn't it?!
We do not want mere "Speculators" run the new gtlds, do we?

Thank you!
Friedrich Kisters
Switzerland

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy