Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jtrade
Date/Time: Wed, November 1, 2000 at 9:41 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V4.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: What's That Foul Smell?

WHAT'S THAT FOUL SMELL? 

Judith Oppenheimer is publisher of ICB TOLL FREE NEWS.

Melbourne, Australia September 7, 2000: MELBOURNE IT AND ERICSSON AUSTRALIA ANNOUNCE JOINT VENTURE COMPANY.
Melbourne IT will hold 50% equity in the joint venture. That's Melbourne IT, applicant of new gTLD's.

CEO of Melbourne IT, Professor Peter Gerrand is "delighted that Mr Greg Crew had accepted their invitation to act as independent Chairman of the new JV."

That's Mr. Greg Crew, Vice-Chair of Internet governing body ICANN.

Mr. Crew will be leaving the ICANN Board after the annual meeting on November 16th -- after the new gTLD decisions are made.

One ICANN board member writes, "To the Board and Conflicts Committee:

This note is to inform that I will not be participating in any ICANN Board votes or discussions relating to the current application process for new TLDs.

While I am not directly involved with any new TLD applications, I recuse myself on the basis of my (loose) affiliation with an ICANN-accredited registrar that has been working on new TLD applications..."

That board member adhering to ICANN's Conflict of Interest Policy, however, is not Greg Crew.

Having not recused himself at or since his Melbourne IT-JV Chair acceptance announced almost two months ago, Crew should save ICANN further conflict of interest stench, by resigning the Board now.

http://www.icbtollfree.com/article.cfm?articleId=4705

Link: What's That Foul Smell?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy