Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wiredz
Date/Time: Thu, October 19, 2000 at 7:36 PM GMT
Browser: Opera V4.02 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Just tell me which one is better!

Dear Arun Prasad,

You should know by now that *REAL* competition brings down prices.
If one single company, such as IOD is given right to own and monopolize the WEB TLD, the price will be $35 and may increase even higher.

You should also know by know that NSI has since lost its market share in com, net, org to other registrars, especially Tucows and ENOM the 2 most cheapest registrars.

I am surprised that you refuse to accept reality that IOD is actually wanting to create a new monopoly in the WEB TLD by stating in its application that initially all registrations will be handled by registry operator (i.e. IOD) at $35/yr not $17.50/yr (from TotalNIC.com, my prefered ICANN Registrar).

Are you saying I must lose my wiredz.web during the initial phases? Are you saying I must pay the overpriced $35 to IOD? Are you saying I cannot chose my prefered ICANN registrar, TotalNIC to register WEB names?

Monopolies should be not be allowed at all thus its high time IOD application is rejected by ICANN. ICANN should select Affilias/Tucows application for WEB TLD instead because Tucows has a high reputation and great customer support and low prices $10 for a domain (com, net, org and in future web).

--Eugene

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy