Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pilot2
Date/Time: Mon, October 30, 2000 at 2:17 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Should Apple.Whatever Be Held Only For Apple Computer?  No Way!

Huguesdb,
Whomever owns apple.WEB, should be able to keep it, unless they try to sell computers, software, etc.  I suppose you think a migrant worker who picks apples for a living, at minimum wage, should not be entitled to Apple.WEB.   I think you are wrong.

Whomever owns IBM.WEB should be able to keep it, as long as he/she does not try to sell business machines, computers, or other products sold by International Business Machines Corporation.  I suppose you think IBM.WEB should be taken from someone who wants to start the International Ballroom Manufacturers directory.  I think you are wrong.

Whomever owns Amazon.WEB should be able to keep it, as long as he/she does not try to sell books and music online.  I suppose you think Amazon.WEB should be held exclusively for Amazon.com, and should be taken from anyone who wants to start an information website about the Amazon region, possibly selling products from that region.  I think you are wrong. 

I've got one for you:  I own GATES.WEB.  My company manufactures all sorts of gates, fences, metalwork, etc.  Who do you want to give GATES.WEB to?  Bill Gates?  Gates Rubber Company?  Sheila Gates? 

Please reply to this post.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy