Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: BrianC
Date/Time: Tue, October 17, 2000 at 6:22 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Maybe Afilias is smart?

It seems to me that Afilias has benefited from the fact that people aren't flooding these forums the way that a large portion of IOD supporters are. Granted, there may very well be more IOD supporters than Afilias supporters, but I've seen far fewer rude, insulting posts from Afilias supporters. In fact, some of the most objective, useful posts have come from the user Kiyu, who has made some strong arguments for the Afilias application.

As an IOD supporter, it pains me to see that most of the posts here from IOD supporters are likely to cause more harm than good. I can't help but feel that some of these posts are actually helping Afilias, and Afilias is just standing back and watching as IOD supporters do their own cause injustice.

Maybe you can help me out. What was the point of posting a message entitled "If Afilias has so much power, why do they not flood this message board with supporters?" and then saying "Because Affilias is no more than a bunch of F dot morons"? What good does it do this forum? What good does it do to any competing applicant's cause? Nothing! It only fills the forums up with more useless junk, which in turn will further increase the likelyhood that ICANN will either not fully read the posts, or will read them and give them less credence.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy