Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: emc2
Date/Time: Tue, October 17, 2000 at 12:41 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: I think we are in the same NSI been screwed club

I had a domain name registered at NSI.

1. I sent by registered mail a notorized domain name transfer agreement to my affiliate company, filled out their on-line application, and sent them money which Network Solutions gladly cashed.

2. They cashed the check, but did not transfer of the domain name to my affiliated company.         

3. One month later, I found out it was sold to somebody else, because Network Solutions never made the domain name transfer. They never informed me of that they did not make the transfer.

4. They said since it was now owned by somebody else, it was on status quo. Meaning we would need to get a court order to get it back. NSI bacially said sue me, but informed me that I could not win because of the terms of their registration agreement.

5. They said my records was wiped out my records, since they said I did not have the proper ticket number (I used the same ticket number for more than 1 application).

6. I am not sure if NSI did this on purpose or it was just stupidity.
A domain name transfer agreement notorized from a Public Notary is not enough to complete a domain name transfer.

7. Now, we are afraid to transfer domain names. We might lose the domain names we are transferring due to NSI's technical rules, which is not even written anywhere.

We would have to go to court and spend thousands of dollars fighting Network Solutions. Lucky it was not one of may main domain names.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy