Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Ray
Date/Time: Wed, October 18, 2000 at 5:42 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: dishonesty

you know, you're right.  now, if someone happens to buy one domain name and somebody comes by and offers this person 10 times what s/he paid for it, well that's ok.  everbody needs to win one once in awhile.

but if I notice that this person has done this repeatedly, well I smell a rat.  you know, I heard about this guy that registered this really high profile domain name and he is getting $40,000 every month to just re-direct it to GoTo.com's search engine.  can you imagine the audacity?  now, don't get me wrong, if a corporation does this then that's ok because they have every right to try to market their products to as many people as possible.  afterall, they are in business.

but, something needs to be done about these individual people.  some sort of governing body needs to rule on this.  I do not know which one, but some sort of one.  and I do not know how they are supposed to do this, but somehow. I mean, nobody told me about this and I know alot of other people that did not know about it either.  that makes it wrong and unfair.

Ray

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy